Kraton Front and rear diff speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys, I’m still waiting on my Kraton to arrive to the UK, sorry to sound thick but, why do people say to put higher diff fluid in the front than the rear? Surley your only going to get one speed from the centre diff which regulates the speed between the two diffs? Yes? I would have thought heavier diff fluid would result in making the motor work more and increasing temperatures? Many thanks lads.

For speed bashing, Front/rear does not matter much (IMHO) - you just don't want a very light or very heavy fluid. Center diff, you want something thick enough to keep the front ballooning under control.

For crawiling, you just put silly thick fluid in all the diffs.

For racing, you will use lighter oils, and tuning becomes VERY important.
snap0120.jpg

Thank you Jerry-rigged, that has just answered my concerns, I often wondered why different oils were used but couldn’t get my head around the fact that there is only one speed coming from the centre diff. Thanks for putting that chart up I’ll take a photo and print it off and put it by my bench!

That chart is from the Huddy Setup guide PDF - available for download on a few different places around the net. It is a great resource for learning about tuning our toy cars.

:)

I commonly see people posting they use 50k/100k/30k for the Front/Center/Rear here for the Kraton. Once I can get some of the diff shims I plan to change mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back