Kraton Front and rear diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damagedgoods

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I am trying to build back up diffs, so I have them on hand when I need them. I have successfully build I don't even know how many as I own 2 6s cars , 2 8s cars and a big rock. For some reason I bought two new rebuild kits the complete 43 tooth sprial cut kits with everything included. I have followed the directions watched numerous videos and for some reason I can not get this d8ff to work no matter what I do. What am I missing or is there a bad batch of parts I am about to throw this diff in the canal. I have taken it apart like 25 times today , doubled checked the manual every shim oring ,pin and gear is in the right place , but yet once I fill it and put the ring gear on it will not work , yes I tried less fluid, not having the screws to tight, I tried removing the shims behind the tombstones , my tombstones are going the right way I'm losing my mind

What do you mean by they don’t work?
When assembled, are able to turn the two ends by hand or are they completely locked?

Make sure you are not cross mixing the lsd diff parts with the standard. just saying.

What do you mean by they don’t work?
When assembled, are able to turn the two ends by hand or are they completely locked?
They are locked actually, I can not figure out why either. I took them apart I don't even know how many times , double checked my manual and watched videos again like it was the first time lol. I had to take a break from it today lol at least my trucks are all still running for now of course

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back