Front and rear diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadson26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. Talion
I have a question. Are the front and rear diffs in the arrma 6s line up the same? If not, could you use the typon front/ rear diffs in a talion?

The front and rear are the same across the 6s lineup but the Typhon has a different gearset than the Talion.
For the 1/8 rigs; Typhon and Senton have 13t straight cut pinions with 43t crown gears and the bigger tire vehicles use a spiral cut gearset that's 10t pinion, 43t crown.
As long as you have 2 of the same type diffs they'll work in any of the vehicles and you can adjust with gearing at the motor pinion

I have a question. Are the front and rear diffs in the arrma 6s line up the same? If not, could you use the typon front/ rear diffs in a talion?
Kraton, Outcast, Notorious, and Talion all use spiral cut gears, the Typhon, Senton, Infraction and Limitless use straight cut gears and they are a different ratio.
You would have to do both front and rear at the same time, however the Typhon and Senton gears being straight cut allows them to strip easier from word of mouth.

Last edited:
Me personally I wouldn’t there’s a slight angle to the gears that I guess makes it stronger

Spiral cut gears are found in the heavier 6s rigs. ( more loading on the drivetrain). The lighter faster rigs all run straight cut gears.
You can run Spiral cut in just about any of the 6s line. But, like stated above, change in pairs for front and rear. Just not straight cut for all of them. I think Straight cut offers less friction at the expense of wear. Why they are found in the 1/7 Speed Runner rigs. ( and including Typhon)

Edited.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back