Kraton Front and rear gearbox grease for the housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ39

Reaction score
Hey guys . I was wondering how important it is to have grease inside the gearbox housing in the kraton front and rear .. and if it would be ok to use thick diff fluid ?

Hey guys . I was wondering how important it is to have grease inside the gearbox housing in the kraton front and rear .. and if it would be ok to use thick diff fluid ?

Less the better. The first time you go 1/4 throttle it all flicks off the ring and pinion anyway and messes up the inside of your diff case..

Less the better. The first time you go 1/4 throttle it all flicks off the ring and pinion anyway and messes up the inside of your diff case..
Is it even worth putting on then? Also has anyone noticed a difference with using grease and without?

Is it even worth putting on then? Also has anyone noticed a difference with using grease and without?
I say it’s always a good idea, while yes, most of it flings to your diff case... while initially running the ring and pinions there may be tiny shavings that come off of new or even newly meshed together used ones. And the grease helps , we’ll... fling it to the case to stick and not just free to move about in your gears... or at least that’s an idea of what might happen?

Great ? ? feedback guys really appreciated, love this forum . From what I understand from the different opinions is that as little as possible and that makes sense cuz tbh I haven't been running anything in there for a long time and the only reason I actually asked is the metal shavings that mount up over time and those shavings eventually cause trouble.

Thanks again everyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back