Outcast front bumper for the Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!!! I need parts!!! Lol
Nice!!! I need parts!!! Lol
I know the feeling, especially when it's just a small piece of darn plastic. I will effectively be draining my inventory of spare parts to rebuild my Kraton from near scratch after using the front/rear to build my son his own Outcast. Still waiting for gears and final parts to arrive. Using up hardware and parts from my Typhon to get my Kraton Beast back. Will still have son's Typhon to play with at least!

When you get your boys outcast built, I'd be interested in seeing how it looks and drives with those 3.8 badlands. Sux about the diff case

When you get your boys outcast built, I'd be interested in seeing how it looks and drives with those 3.8 badlands. Sux about the diff case
Tested it with Typhon body at local park. Loaded on YouTube. It ran fine, but was like gearing down at least 2 teeth on the pinion due to being taped and smaller diameter. Probably rips good in all dirt, didn't hook up as well as Backflips in moist bark. Not planning to run them with final truck body on Outcast build, but might do it. Backflips are a better all-around basher tire IMHO. 3.8 has slightly wider offset, makes rig very stable, but lose about 1/2" of ground clearance also. Will do more test bashing as weather improves for sure. 3.8 turns faster and is more like driving on rails.

Not sure why they made that outcast bumper come up so high in the front. I wouldn't put that one on just because of the terrible looks of the thing. I ended up with a front and rear kraton bumper and the front is massive but still doesn't go up terribly high like the tbr for the outcast. IMHO the talion bumper is on the narrow side, if I did it over again I would probably do a kraton rear on the front of the outcast and a talion one in the back.

That's correct, it's a bumper made for the Outcast. Why put a Typhon bumper on it when they make one for the Outcast directly!
It's a sweet bumper Woody but it sticks out the front past the front wheels stoping any back flips of vert walls

I don't mind the main portion of the bumper. I just don't care to put all that load on the two screws going into the diff case. Looks like a recipe for disaster.

I don't mind the main portion of the bumper. I just don't care to put all that load on the two screws going into the diff case. Looks like a recipe for disaster.
That's one of the things I don't like about mine. That's why I think kraton rear bumper on the front of the outcast might be good. It just has the 4 screws underneath and no brace piece attached to the other 2 screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back