SOLD / FOUND Front Bumper Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to tell without the body/shell on frame, but does this bumper support change the angle of the front bumper? If yes, how much. Maybe a pic with the body on will help. Thanks!

It is hard to tell without the body/shell on frame, but does this bumper support change the angle of the front bumper? If yes, how much. Maybe a pic with the body on will help. Thanks!
No, it doesn't change the angle of the bumper. I actually have my typhon body on right now, but I can try to get my senton body on to give you a better visual.
I’ll take one.
Okay, personal message me. Click on my name then click "start conversation".
I have blue now. I can get pics later.

It doesn't change the angle. I raised the body a little in the first picture so you can see the support. Hard to get the right angle.

PXL_20210408_041945402.jpg

PXL_20210408_042006754.jpg

CdPrC

I am asking $15 shipped to the contiguous United States.

It is a direct fit on the Senton 3s and MEGA, and will work on the rest of the 3s line IF you have the senton front skidplate and front bumper. I have one on my typhon and it is very strong and durable.

May be slight imperfections, but no cracks or splits.

Printed in PLA, 5 wall layers, 50% gyroid infill.

I have red, blue, and black.

PM me if interested.

View attachment 137687
View attachment 137686
View attachment 137685
View attachment 137682
View attachment 137664View attachment 137665
I'm not sure if the "print materials" are the same or not but I just had this same part printed to try out. It shattered. Literally shattered like glass. And caused more damage than harder smacks in the past did with the ARRMA design.
20210403_213439.jpg
20210403_213444.jpg
20210403_213458.jpg
20210403_213513.jpg
20210403_215538.jpg

20210403_213439.jpg

I have a second one(received 2) that I will keep and only use in a "desperation moment"
16180730884181473535441509659587.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the "print materials" are the same or not but I just had this same part printed to try out. It shattered. Literally shattered like glass. And caused more damage than harder smacks in the past did with the ARRMA design.View attachment 138657View attachment 138658View attachment 138659View attachment 138660View attachment 138661

View attachment 138656
I have a second one(received 2) that I will keep and only use in a "desperation moment"View attachment 138662
I tried that design too and it broke. If you look closely at mine, I added braces. And there are things called stress points. If there is a sharp corner, it will crack on the corner much easier than if it is rounded. So I rounded out as much sharp corners as I could.

There are also many different print settings you can do. I did 5 wall layers and 50% infill. He might have done less wall layers and infill.
And cold will make plastic break easier
NEW DESIGN!!!👆

Last edited:
I tried that design too and it broke. If you look closely at mine, I added braces. And there are things called stress points. If there is a sharp corner, it will crack on the corner much easier than if it is rounded. So I rounded out as much sharp corners as I could.

There are also many different print settings you can do. I did 5 wall layers and 50% infill. He might have done less wall layers and infill.
And cold will make plastic break easier
Thanks for that info. Makes sense and I will note cold isn't a factor here(was maybe 10/11 degrees). But all those other things you noted could be right. He is currently sending me 2 more that are "felxible".
Mostly my fault it happened. I was bringing it back full speed and hit brakes just before it reached me and it slipped and slid into that curb in pics above. Not surprised it broke but was very surprised it shattered like that(see all the tiny pieces on asphalt). Made me think that if it were stronger, it possibly would have broke the bulkhead/tower.
@corky008

Thanks for that info. Makes sense and I will note cold isn't a factor here(was maybe 10/11 degrees). But all those other things you noted could be right. He is currently sending me 2 more that are "felxible".
Mostly my fault it happened. I was bringing it back full speed and hit brakes just before it reached me and it slipped and slid into that curb in pics above. Not surprised it broke but was very surprised it shattered like that(see all the tiny pieces on asphalt). Made me think that if it were stronger, it possibly would have broke the bulkhead/tower.
@corky008
Yes, I might try flexible TPU. They will absorb more impact.

Installed mine last night. Maybe now I will break the actual bumper and be able to use the parts from previous stock parts bags that i never used. Stock bumper only ever broke at the mount between the bumper and the absorber.

Installed mine last night. Maybe now I will break the actual bumper and be able to use the parts from previous stock parts bags that i never used. Stock bumper only ever broke at the mount between the bumper and the absorber.
Yeah, haha, I never broke any other parts on the bumper though. Even with the new part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back