Infraction Front/Center/Rear - Stock oil weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sissupr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I’m horrible at searching ?‍♂️ and I can’t find the stock oil weights online. Shimming diffs and changing all my bearings (Jim’s Bearings) out and I want to keep the stock weight. I actually like it...

What are the stock weights?

Thx.

Front 10k/Center100k/Rear 10k

Though, a lot of people will add a heavier Diff Oil to all three for a more even power distribution.
Has anyone changed out the oils to a heavier weight and what were the results?

I do a 50kFront/500K Cneter/30K Rear, myself. definitely allows more even wear on the tires. I've also found the heavier oils really make a difference in the cornering as well. Going into a corner and coming out is just far more controlled even with some speed. This weekend I'll be trying to find time to clean it and replace bearings, oils and going to try 100k F/R and 1mil in Center.

I do a 50kFront/500K Cneter/30K Rear, myself. definitely allows more even wear on the tires. I've also found the heavier oils really make a difference in the cornering as well. Going into a corner and coming out is just far more controlled even with some speed. This weekend I'll be trying to find time to clean it and replace bearings, oils and going to try 100k F/R and 1mil in Center.
So you can drift just as much, but it’s more controlled overall?

Yes sir! Definitely the first thing I noticed upon making that change. Much more control in trying to drift around this or that corner, along with just general cornering.

The better cornering after going heavier oil, I probably shaved about 3 - 5 secs off my lap times, for good. Gravel, dirt, or operator error still play a factor! Highly recommended on a personal level!!

Yes sir! Definitely the first thing I noticed upon making that change. Much more control in trying to drift around this or that corner, along with just general cornering.

The better cornering after going heavier oil, I probably shaved about 3 - 5 secs off my lap times, for good. Gravel, dirt, or operator error still play a factor! Highly recommended on a personal level!!
Sweet. I’ll have to look into this ?

I was just running my infraction a few minutes ago and I noticed that right side seems to be wearing more then the left is this the reason it my be putting to much power to the gear side? I'm not familiar with on road cars but I was thinking of changing out the center to start with should i try 200k or just go right to 500k? 3 packs ran and the rear right tire and front right are bald so I am going to also look at the camber/toe

I was just running my infraction a few minutes ago and I noticed that right side seems to be wearing more then the left is this the reason it my be putting to much power to the gear side? I'm not familiar with on road cars but I was thinking of changing out the center to start with should i try 200k or just go right to 500k? 3 packs ran and the rear right tire and front right are bald so I am going to also look at the camber/toe
Do you run dual lipos or a single?

@jondilly1974 asked my first question in my reply back! Lol

I mainly ask cause I've always ran my Infraction with two 3s batteries, and I was tending to notice the front driver side would wear faster then the front passenger. Along with my Passenger Rear tire wearing faster then the driver side Rear. Been a couple months since the oil change, so that could be opposite. Once going to the heavier the Diff Oils I noticed right away a much more even wear out pace on the tires.

Do you run dual lipos or a single?
I've been running 2 3s I have been thinking about the weight of the motor on the left side and if one 6s would counter ballance on the right. It's still has all the stock diff fluid haven't changed yet only has 4 packs though it. What are your thoughts @bicketybam @adidas303

Last edited:
I've been running 2 3s I have been thinking about the weight of the motor on the left side and if one 6s would counter ballance on the right. It's still has all the stock diff fluid haven't changed yet only has 4 packs though it. What are your thoughts @bicketybam @adidas303
That would be something I would test. They make a scale for things like this so you can dial in your weights perfectly. At least side to side would be my concern. Less worried about front to rear unless it’s a race rig or a crawler.

I don't own any 6s batteries right now so I cant really reply on that. Personally tho, that's why I've ran two 3s batteries to try and balance weight from the get go.

So I rebuilt my center diff and put in 500k, damn is the diff hard to turn compared to 100k. I did add a couple of shims and checked that all was ok before I added the 500k...

It’s not binding at all and I filled it 3/4 or 2/3 full of 500k. I have no experience with 500k and how the center diff should feel because its a thicker oil.

Just as long as the gears are not binding and it’s turning, everything should be ok? Right?

That’s a question... lol. I know this is subjective,... just want to make sure I don’t blow the motor out once I put it all back together!

guys, sorry for the ot, actually I am running with stock oil diff on my Kraton 6s and I want to hurry up to change all 3 diff oils.. I usually use this brand
cr200.jpg
and Ihave 100K and 50K , do think 100k in the center and 50kF/R or better 100K in all three diffs?

I changed my center to 200k but left F/R stock, and in my opinion it's not that much better than standard..

I'm going to be changing mine to F30k/C500k/R60k, there is another post on here somewhere possibly it's @bicketybam.. all about diff fluids in an Infraction..

As for the balance weight distribution thing, I'm running 2x 3s packs and don't feel like it's off balance when it comes to handling..???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just found the other post, sorry it wasn't @bicketybam... https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/diff-tuning.14260/

Last edited:
Anyone lol... think it got lost in this thread. I want to put the bad boy back together!

So I rebuilt my center diff and put in 500k, damn is the diff hard to turn compared to 100k. I did add a couple of shims and checked that all was ok before I added the 500k...

It’s not binding at all and I filled it 3/4 or 2/3 full of 500k. I have no experience with 500k and how the center diff should feel because its a thicker oil.

Just as long as the gears are not binding and it’s turning, everything should be ok? Right?

That’s a question... lol. I know this is subjective,... just want to make sure I don’t blow the motor out once I put it all back together!

Oh yea, your fine. The diff is more for a situation of either the front wheels or rear wheels not being able to spin the power being sent to it. Excess power is then sent to the wheel that will turn the easiest. Hence you seeing the pizza cutter tires on one side riding on two wheels, as an example, or when you do a wheelie and the front wheels spin faster not being on the ground.

People put up to 20 million weight in Diff's so you're going to be ok! Get that Rig back together and get out there and run that bad boy!! ? ?

^
you da man... thanks! Didn’t want open it up again lol. Tell you what, it’s true like anything, once it do it... you get a good feel for what ‘feels’ right (Yes add the 16 yr old comment here...)

now to shim up the front and rear diffs and add in 30k and 50k respectively and see how this works out...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back