Front Cvd driveshaft popping out issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fury
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Raider
  10. Senton 6s
  11. Typhon 6s
Having front Cvd driveshaft(s) popping out on your Arrma(s)? I want to help and I just might be able to 😁 (Srry if this is already a thread I checked and couldnt find maybe I didnt check good)

I know there are alot of controversies about how to fix the problem about front Cvd's popping out of the diff out drivecups. Not hating or anything but limiting shock travel and maxing out the droop screws on a-arms imo is not the way 😁
-Id like to help you fix Cvd popping out issue the way I do mine, doesn't require you to limit shock travel or to max out the droop screws on a-arms(after all if there was too much compression or too much extension in the arm design for the shafts Arrma would have fixed it by now😁) Might sound crazy but yet so simple, its the Pillow Ball Adjustments.

-Going to need to take front tires off if their still on, then will want have to get front end or the whole truck suspended above the table/counter or what have you.
-When the Front arms are fully extended downwards take a look at the placement of the Pin that sits inside of the diff out drivecup(no need to take shocks off, but if did do shock traval mod on shocks I personally would remove the mid, don't have to if want to tho👌)
-You will want the Pin of the front Cvd shafts to sit about 3/4 of the way inside of the Diff out drivecups, if the Pin sits too far into the cup you then risk binding the shaft and possibly bending it or if too far out then risk popping again (as can see in the pic. Left side is fully compressed and Right side is fully extended, the compressed side will slightly pull the Cvd shaft outwards, this is natural because of the geometry of the hubs/arms, when compressed this is when the shaft is prone to getting popped out)
P_20220928_083051_1_1.jpg

-After that is assessed with, will want to get your 2.5mm Hex tool.
-Then insert 2.5mm into Pillow Balls,(Pillow Balls Adjust 2 things, both Camber and shaft placement) will want to tighten or loosen both top and bottom pillow balls depending on your Pin placement when arms are fully extended, (remember this also does Camber with tightening and loosening top/bottom pillow balls)
-Set Camber close to your liking as much as possible while at the same time setting placement of shafts into diff outdrive cup.
-Once you get close to your Camber liking and shafts sit ok👌 into the diff out drivecups, can then use the Plastic Spacers to fill in the void between pillow ball threads and arms.
P_20220928_082928_1_1.jpg

-Tighten everything together, after tightening make sure shaft Pin placement is still good and Camber is still at your liking, Once good and tightened, charge up an Bash on brotha😁🤟Should not have an issue with Cvd shaft popping again

Nice write up, aren't these normally tight though? I saw a video that said to remove the upper spacer and the lower red collar, then tighten all the way and call it a day. 😃

Nice write up, aren't these normally tight though? I saw a video that said to remove the upper spacer and the lower red collar, then tighten all the way and call it a day. 😃
Thnx brotha like to help out a ton 🤟😁 Im not to sure about vid bro personally like to use spacers after I get shafts and camber set

I'm gonna give this a shot. I've been dealing with cvds popping out of my cups since day 0 - and I've put over 2K in mods - and still have this problem. I'm not giving up tho. So, I'm gonna give this a try. I like those plastic spacers - what are they called and where can you buy?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back