Kraton Front diff case problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys on my v4 kraton ever since I started doing big jumps I keep breaking that nipple piece that is on the front of the front diff that connects into the center hole of the red metal piece that is behind the front bumper and my suspension loosens up. I ended up getting the hot racing aluminum diff case to see if that would stop it but after my last bash session I noticed my suspension was loose again so I'm going to take it apart and see if it broke or if it slipped off. If you guys could shed some light on that situation let me know thank you.

Hey guys on my v4 kraton ever since I started doing big jumps I keep breaking that nipple piece that is on the front of the front diff that connects into the center hole of the red metal piece that is behind the front bumper and my suspension loosens up. I ended up getting the hot racing aluminum diff case to see if that would stop it but after my last bash session I noticed my suspension was loose again so I'm going to take it apart and see if it broke or if it slipped off. If you guys could shed some light on that situation let me know thank you.
That nipple is more of a guide than anything else. The two screws that go through the aluminum are what really keep it in place. Not sure how loose you think might be too loose, but I suspect it's coming from a different part if the suspension.

That nipple is more of a guide than anything else. The two screws that go through the aluminum are what really keep it in place. Not sure how loose you think might be too loose, but I suspect it's coming from a different part if the suspension.
Check you front arms. The holes where the pins go through get worn and it let's the arms move all over the place. Also, let me know about the HR case. I'm seriously considering one for the rear.

I made a video on my YouTube channel to explain to you guys when I'm talking about if you could take a look at it it's really short and if you could help me out that be awesome
I have never had screws in mine even from the factory. Is there supposed to be screws in those two holes on each side of the center hole. That would explain alot.

Last edited:

I made a video on my YouTube channel to explain to you guys when I'm talking about if you could take a look at it it's really short and if you could help me out that be awesome

I have never had screws in mine even from the factory. Is there supposed to be screws in those two holes on each side of the center hole. That would explain alot.
I'm going to check as soon as I get home. Something is definitely not right, but I'm sure it's not the nipple that's the problem.

I figured out where I went wrong thanks for all your guys's help I've been running it with no screws going into the bulkhead and when I do big jumps and Iand hard obviously it's going to break off that piece and make my suspension move in a weird way thank you so much for helping out

Yea, there are supposed to be screws in those two side holes. There are screws for the front bumper that go through the bumper, through that hing pin brace, and into the diff case.

I'm going to check as soon as I get home. Something is definitely not right, but I'm sure it's not the nipple
Thanks a lot bro I think I figured it out now man I've been running it without the screws going into the bulkhead so obviously it's going to break off that nipple and make my suspension move all over the place when I do Big jumps. Haha I'm an idiot.
Yea, there are supposed to be screws in those two side holes. There are screws for the front bumper that go through the bumper, through that hing pin brace, and into the diff case.
Thanks a lot buddy that helps out so much that is the problem i have been jumping big jumps without the screws going into the bulkhead lol ...wow

OK, I"ve watched your vid twice now and please someone correct me if I am delirious here but... I think you are putting the red aluminum piece on upside down. That would certainly account for all kinds of things breaking in the small little nipple department. Plus the 2 screws as mentioned. Which might not line up with it upside down.
yeah you def have that thing upside down and the holes are supposed to line up with those 2 holes on either lower corner of the front of that diff case so you can screw them in.

There are always screws there; how could there not be?
33C6ED26-F8C6-4DBD-8A91-7B33FF280D58.jpeg

What bumper are you running?
I'm running the RPM front bumper with the small bumper behind it so no screws can go through the bumper is just going to have to go through that red piece that holds the hinge pins in
OK, I"ve watched your vid twice now and please someone correct me if I am delirious here but... I think you are putting the red aluminum piece on upside down. That would certainly account for all kinds of things breaking in the small little nipple department. Plus the 2 screws as mentioned. Which might not line up with it upside down.
yeah you def have that thing upside down and the holes are supposed to line up with those 2 holes on either lower corner of the front of that diff case so you can screw them in.
No you are right
No bro you are right when I did the video I had already had it taken apart and I put it on upside down on accident before doing the video. I was just trying to show you guys the nipple piece I was talking about the main thing is that I didn't have the two screws in that's why it's messing things up
There are always screws there; how could there not be?
View attachment 40763
well yeah I see that yours has screws in it. But mine doesn't hense why it was running loose. When I put my rpm front bumper on I must of missed that part and didnt put screws in that piece. Also why that nipple keeps breaking off

Last edited:
I'm running the RPM front bumper with the small bumper behind it so no screws can go through the bumper is just going to have to go through that red piece that holds the hinge pins in

Sounds like maybe you want to ditch the small bumper behind it so you actually CAN get the screws through it. That piece flopping around aimlessly without attachment means your hinge pins are flopping around with them. That little nipple thing you are concerned about is really the only thing you have keeping any kind of order in there- temporarily. Hence the constantly breaking off.

Joostin420 and his beautiful rig is dead on-"There are always screws there; how could there not be?"
-and... note the orientation of his silver (your red) piece.

Sounds like maybe you want to ditch the small bumper behind it so you actually CAN get the screws through it. That piece flopping around aimlessly without attachment means your hinge pins are flopping around with them. That little nipple thing you are concerned about is really the only thing you have keeping any kind of order in there- temporarily. Hence the constantly breaking off.

Joostin420 and his beautiful rig is dead on-"There are always screws there; how could there not be?"
-and... note the orientation of his silver (your red) piece.
Okay so just put the RPM front bumper on without the one behind it, and then screw the two screws in in the red metal hinge mount?

Yeah. That little behind the scenes bumper isn't doing anything for you that the big RPM can't already handle.
And up until now your entire lower front arms and pins have been flopping around in the breeze. You should actually notice some improvement in your front suspension and steering after this.

Thanks for all your guys's help getting this problem solved for me it's obvious that I didn't put the two screws in the bulkhead and that's what's causing it to be loose and breaking the nipple
Yeah. That little behind the scenes bumper isn't doing anything for you that the big RPM can't already handle.
And up until now your entire lower front arms and pins have been flopping around in the breeze. You should actually notice some improvement in your front suspension and steering after this.
Awesome buddy thanks for the help I can't believe after launching it 60 ft off jumps and Landing like that every other day it hasn't broken anything else with those screws missing. This is going to help my rig big time. I have just been buying bulkhead after bulkhead. Thanks again

Confirmed. Looking at the exploded view of each vehicle, definitely screws going in those holes. Some direct and others through the bumpers.
20190612_212349.jpg
15603891021781627988762852219660.jpg

Sorry gents. Had the post open on my phone, and didn't realize everyone had addressed my suspicion. Good work team!

Glad to help. Yeah your HR bulkhead is the reason I found this thread. I have been in the same boat just massaging a few well stripped and repaired bulkheads for 2 years now and its starting to cause all kinds of collateral damage. Toasting diff gears, CVDs popping out of the cups, and then finally yesterday I completely lost my front driveshaft. Like, I can't find it and noticed I was only going on 2WD. Then the rear diff ate itself too. I'm due for some upgrading. lol. You like the HR?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back