Kraton Front diff cup/driveshaft digging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Any idea why the front diff cup and/or dog bone driveshaft arm would be digging into the lower control arm? The driver side seems to be digging a little as well. Just not as bad as the passenger side. Driveshaft rods look straight and no signs of wear. Bad diff cup?
2943261F-42D1-45A2-A99B-C57C3665CB2C.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
AEEAC5E6-7A5A-492A-9AFB-B203DE54213D.jpeg

Driver side:

315C873C-613D-4EBF-925D-55546613E4BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Over extension of the arm in the upward stroke.. it's common throughout the 6s arrma world.. it's no issue besides being ugly.. some will install bump stops on the shock shafts to prevent it.. I don't see it as a concern.. it will eventually clearance itself...

Which rig is that?
Is it completey stock? Or a mix of 6s parts.
I have my suspicions, but overall looks like some hard bashing there. This has happened for me as well. My 6s Kraton.
ShockShaft limiters placed on the shock shafts would dial out some of that over compression. Not too much however. You still want the chassis to slap flat onto the ground. Again could just be driver error.
Over extension of the arm in the upward stroke.. it's common throughout the 6s arrma world.. it's no issue besides being ugly.. some will install bump stops on the shock shafts to prevent it.. I don't see it as a concern.. it will eventually clearance itself...
+1

Which rig is that?
Is it completey stock? Or a mix of 6s parts.
I have my suspicions, but overall looks like some hard bashing there. This has happened for me as well. My 6s Kraton.
ShockShaft limiters placed on the shock shafts would dial out some of that over compression. Not too much however. You still want the chassis to slap flat onto the ground. Again could just be driver error.

+1
All stock except for a few add ons (servo, mount, HR servo saver and bellcrank) Definitely driver error. I’m still learning how to jump/flip and land on all four. 😆

Any idea where I can purchase some bump stops/limiters to add to the shock shafts?

Have fun.
Pretty much normal, unfortunately. At some point is won't get any worse. But your output diff cups are somewhat chewed up. Must have popped a CVD a few times?:giggle: Been there. Shock limters can avoid some of that. I have used 3.-4.-5. mm length nitro fuel tubing onto the shock shafts with results.
But you are observant nonetheless. (y)

Edit:
Remove the spacers on the Upper Arm Pillow Balls. This will keep the CVD bones inserted more into the diff cup. I do this with many of my rigs. Keeps the CVD from popping out, or from gouging the arms under full compression. The CVD's also damage the arms this way, not just the Output cups.

Last edited:
Any idea why the front diff cup and/or dog bone driveshaft arm would be digging into the lower control arm? The driver side seems to be digging a little as well. Just not as bad as the passenger side. Driveshaft rods look straight and no signs of wear. Bad diff cup?
View attachment 263782View attachment 263788View attachment 263789View attachment 263783

Driver side:

View attachment 263787

You can install some Shock Limiting Straps.
It'll help reduce the chance of your dogbones from popping out and prevent those drive cups from getting mangled..

Along with stopping your suspension arms from getting those gouges..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back