Kraton Front Diff Cup has come off 2 out of the 3 times I have used this from new!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narcolepsyboy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi and hello to the forum as a newbie here!!! :)

I have had my Arrma Kraton for 1 week now and have driven it 3 times. The 2nd and today (3rd) this front diff joining cup has come off again after re-assembling it last night. Not very impressed! Is there an upgrade or something I need to do to make sure this cup doesn't come off? I noticed that I had to line up the flat part of the diff gear (ar310498) that sticks through the housing/bearing with the grub screw tightening. If this is a weakness on this truggy and there is no fix I will have to send it back. Expected more for something that cost what it did. Any pointers will be appreciated! :)

I also noticed that the mount that holds down the top of the engine had a missing screw and on further inspection found the hole hadn't even been correctly been drilled! (top right screw location in pic) Should I take this back to the dealer I brought it from? (modelsport.co.uk)

I look forward to running this all the time, but haven't even managed to run the batteries out on this Kraton yet! :(

Many thanks

Jon

Attachments

• IMG_20160224_214531.jpg
    IMG_20160224_214531.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Did you use blue loctite on the set screw? If not it should be done and may just have Ben missed when it was built. As a rule any time you pet a screw in metal on an RC it needs thread locker. As for the bad hole I would probably just call warranty and they will fix you up.

Did you use blue loctite on the set screw? If not it should be done and may just have Ben missed when it was built. As a rule any time you pet a screw in metal on an RC it needs thread locker. As for the bad hole I would probably just call warranty and they will fix you up.

I have the same opinion! I would use the red loctite for motor and driveline screws! for the rest the blue loctite is enough :) call modelsport.co.uk and show them the mistake. Like Capt_Ron already said I would use loctite on every screw which is metal on metal. Before every bash check your car on loose screws, make sure that the diffs move easily, check your bearings and have a look on your car.... When you go outside for bashing don't drive drive directly top speed, then you are on the safe side :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back