Notorious Front diff gear changing

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I’m replacing my front main input gear( the small 10T) because a couple teeth were stripped, I know what the problem is I have all the parts to fix it. but was also recommended to change the big main diff gear,(included in the picture), but to do that I have to take apart the diff, so my question is would I be able to just take apart the front diff,(keeping the current diff fluid in there), and just replace the main gear without taking anything else out? Once someone answers I have another question lol!
98DA99EA-5BAD-4707-97F6-B2C7F10A5DCF.jpeg

The Bean

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
If you just keep the diff cup upright, not a lot of fluid will leak out.

However, I advise you to do some diff maintenance while you're at it. Top up the diff fluid or replace it with one you maybe prefer, and shim the diffs if needed. Shimming the diffs can prevent future damage.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
If you just keep the diff cup upright, not a lot of fluid will leak out.

However, I advise you to do some diff maintenance while you're at it. Top up the diff fluid or replace it with one you maybe prefer, and shim the diffs if needed. Shimming the diffs can prevent future damage.
Ok thanks, and to when I top the diff fluid off do I have to make sure there’s no air bubbles?

Johnny b

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
As your adding fluid just rotate the gears so it gets down in there. Do not fill diff fluid to the very top but just about halfway or over top gear. Ensure your gasket is not compromised upon removing the main gear.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
Ok thanks, and to when I top the diff fluid off do I have to make sure there’s no air bubbles?
Like Johnny said, rotate gears while filling. I also let mine sit for an hour or so just to let it all sink down and air bubbles to escape. (y)