Front diff help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travisf90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I have replaced everything in the front diff gear wise and can't figure out what's making noise. it's driving me nuts the back has no sound what so ever nice and smooth and quite

Heres the sound

How does the diff feel when it's not in the vehicle? if it's good, then it's something on the vehicle, if it's bad then it's something in the diff. Did you check the diff pinion?

How does the diff feel when it's not in the vehicle? if it's good, then it's something on the vehicle, if it's bad then it's something in the diff. Did you check the diff pinion?

It's smooth and quite once it's in the housing is when it makes noise im not sure why everything is new and I mean everything but the chassis

Is the noise there when the truck is rolling, or just when tires are spinning opposite directions?

All the time I just have the shocks off or I would roll it and take a video to hear it. it ate up 2 pinion gears haven't ran it yet with the new things waiting on my motor and esc

I would check for any debris in the case, and for any screws sticking into the case.
And I would double check the post numbers for the pinion and ring gear to make sure they are both the spiral cut gears

I would check for any debris in the case, and for any screws sticking into the case.
And I would double check the post numbers for the pinion and ring gear to make sure they are both the spiral cut gears

I'll do that today after work they both look sprial cut it I gues there is a chance that it could be I'm thinking maybe switching the from and back diffs around the gear set anyways to see if anything changes almost looks like to me is that it's rubbing on the chassis

I'm not sure what would be missing or broken everything is the same front and rear from what I could tell it was replaced with the same parts as new I'll swap croon to rear and go from there

I had a similar sound with my Kraton V2 right out of the box. The problem for me was that the suspension travel was too long, so the angle at the dog bones fitting to the front diff caused the sound. It was easy fixed just by set the suspension travel with the set screws at the lower a-arms.

You can simply find out if this is the problem, just by ask someone to compress the front suspension while you spin the wheels.

Sorry for bad English, I'm Swedish :)

Hi

It sounds like the diff gear is hitting the chassis, by any chance has the indentation in the bottom of the chassis been pushed in.

This spot, I've seen it happen a couple of times.
dent.jpg

Hi

It sounds like the diff gear is hitting the chassis, by any chance has the indentation in the bottom of the chassis been pushed in.

This spot, I've seen it happen a couple of times.
View attachment 3357
Doesn't seem to begin swapped front to rear the ring gear and housing and it stopped making noise so I'm not to sure as to what changed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back