Kraton Front Diff problem

mumpy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am have some problems rebuilding my front diff, I just can`t seem to get it to turn smoothly, it feels like the gears have not meshed but they have?
I have replace all gears but it still is not turning smoothly, this has really stump me the only thing I have not replaced is the case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi guys,

I am have some problems rebuilding my front diff, I just can`t seem to get it to turn smoothly, it feels like the gears have not meshed but they have?
I have replace all gears but it still is not turning smoothly, this has really stump me the only thing I have not replaced is the case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Are you sure that you have it oriented correctly left/right in the case?

mumpy

Reaction score
It`s a standard one out of a V5. Not sure what you mean oriented correctly left/right in the case ?

Garcbomber

Reaction score
Hard to understand the potential issue without pictures, your mesh is probably too tight/forgot the ring gear gasket.

Here's a decent video, diff building is an art of trial and error initially so you're going to get a vast amount of opinions. As long as it functions and doesn't slip teeth or create excessive heat!

(y)

Hammer Down

I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley! 🙃
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Outcast 8s
Did you try assembling it dry first? The standard diffs are pretty easy, it’s the EXB diffs where the plates bind up if not installed properly.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
It`s a standard one out of a V5. Not sure what you mean oriented correctly left/right in the case ?
Do you mean the two outdrive cups are binding or that when you put the cover on with everything inside the input cup is binding? When you put the assembled diff in the case which side is your ring gear on?

mumpy

Reaction score
I have rebuilt diffs before and no problems but this one seems to slip when I turn the cups it's not smooth just seems wrong.