Kraton Front Diff problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mumpy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am have some problems rebuilding my front diff, I just can`t seem to get it to turn smoothly, it feels like the gears have not meshed but they have?
I have replace all gears but it still is not turning smoothly, this has really stump me the only thing I have not replaced is the case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I am have some problems rebuilding my front diff, I just can`t seem to get it to turn smoothly, it feels like the gears have not meshed but they have?
I have replace all gears but it still is not turning smoothly, this has really stump me the only thing I have not replaced is the case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Are you sure that you have it oriented correctly left/right in the case?

It`s a standard one out of a V5. Not sure what you mean oriented correctly left/right in the case ?

Hard to understand the potential issue without pictures, your mesh is probably too tight/forgot the ring gear gasket.

Here's a decent video, diff building is an art of trial and error initially so you're going to get a vast amount of opinions. As long as it functions and doesn't slip teeth or create excessive heat!

(y)

Did you try assembling it dry first? The standard diffs are pretty easy, it’s the EXB diffs where the plates bind up if not installed properly.

It`s a standard one out of a V5. Not sure what you mean oriented correctly left/right in the case ?
Do you mean the two outdrive cups are binding or that when you put the cover on with everything inside the input cup is binding? When you put the assembled diff in the case which side is your ring gear on?

I have rebuilt diffs before and no problems but this one seems to slip when I turn the cups it's not smooth just seems wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back