Front differential tire rotation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorBait

Reaction score
Looking for some sage input. When I lift my Granite BLX off of the ground and spin a front tire, it turns the other tire in the SAME direction. Happens this way for either tire and same turning forward and reverse. The input gear turns when this happens. If I turn one tire and simultaneously turn the other tire the opposite direction the input gear does not turn as expected. Back turns opposite as expected. No weird noises or grinding. Anything I can do to correct this? Any harm in driving?

Looking for some sage input. When I lift my Granite BLX off of the ground and spin a front tire, it turns the other tire in the SAME direction. Happens this way for either tire and same turning forward and reverse. The input gear turns when this happens. If I turn one tire and simultaneously turn the other tire the opposite direction the input gear does not turn as expected. Back turns opposite as expected. No weird noises or grinding. Anything I can do to correct this? Any harm in driving?
Is your center drive shaft in? Because if it isn't, there is more resistance in the diff gears than the resistance between diff case gears and input gear. If you know what I mean. Nothing is wrong and you can drive it if this is the case.

Is your center drive shaft in? Because if it isn't, there is more resistance in the diff gears than the resistance between diff case gears and input gear. If you know what I mean. Nothing is wrong and you can drive it if this is the case.
Ah thank you that was exactly it. Putting pressure on the input got it back to turning opposite.

Back