Kraton Front drive shafts hitting the shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewSensei

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
After running two battery packs I've noticed the front drive shafts have lost their coating due to hitting the shocks. It appears to happen because of the slop provided by the pillow ball design. Has anyone had any issues because of this and if so what would you suggest to prevent it from happening on a new model?

My main concern is not the shock than the drive shaft but if it's not really an issue then I can deal with it easily, just wanna see if it has been an issue...piece of mind I guess ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_145813.jpg
    IMG_20200728_145813.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 100
Make sure the a-arms are installed in the correct direction

Check for bent shock end (looks OK from here but I cant tell 100%) and check for bent shock shaft as well.

Make sure the a-arms are installed in the correct direction

Check for bent shock end (looks OK from here but I cant tell 100%) and check for bent shock shaft as well.
It is out of the box, I don't disassemble anything until I have to and since I've only driven it two times...I haven't had to. Only thing I've done so far is replaced the radio and put silicone ear plugs in the center diff to lessen the ballooning of the front...

That said, I would hope Arrma is assembling their models correctly before shipping ;)

It is out of the box, I don't disassemble anything until I have to and since I've only driven it two times...I haven't had to. Only thing I've done so far is replaced the radio and put silicone ear plugs in the center diff to lessen the ballooning of the front...

That said, I would hope Arrma is assembling their models correctly before shipping ;)

Did not know that...but stranger things have happened :) The dogbone could be bent, that would be easy to tell just by turning the wheels with the truck off the ground (no need for throttle just turn them by hand)

If indeed the hinge pins wearing causes that, it seems like an awful lot of wear in just 2 battery packs. Can you get a "zoomed out" pic of the area? Maybe someone here can spot something.

Our dogbone was only that close to a shock when the plastic shock end was bent.

Do you have any upper A arm slop? If you do, you can either get more plastic spacer clips or use 5mm washers at the front of the hinge pin, next to the shock tower, to tighten the arms up

Doing this will move the arms back a little, along with the steering block caster. This in turn will move the driveshaft further away from the shocks too

Do you have any upper A arm slop? If you do, you can either get more plastic spacer clips or use 5mm washers at the front of the hinge pin, next to the shock tower, to tighten the arms up

Doing this will move the arms back a little, along with the steering block caster. This in turn will move the driveshaft further away from the shocks too
There is some slop (almost imperceptible) but seems to be the same as all the other pillow ball models I've seen and tested. That said, you know if these shims can be bought on Amazon and what should I look for specifically?
Did not know that...but stranger things have happened :) The dogbone could be bent, that would be easy to tell just by turning the wheels with the truck off the ground (no need for throttle just turn them by hand)

If indeed the hinge pins wearing causes that, it seems like an awful lot of wear in just 2 battery packs. Can you get a "zoomed out" pic of the area? Maybe someone here can spot something.

Our dogbone was only that close to a shock when the plastic shock end was bent.
Attached images per request... don't mind the dust, I've some fine sand around here :(

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_153033.jpg
    IMG_20200728_153033.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200728_153053.jpg
    IMG_20200728_153053.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200728_153114.jpg
    IMG_20200728_153114.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200728_153200.jpg
    IMG_20200728_153200.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 56
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back