Kraton Front driveshaft angle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffBoyardeeee

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm putting my V4 Kraton back together and noticed the angle of the driveshaft. Is this normal or did I screw something up??

IMG_20210130_175124.jpg

It’s supposed to be offset like that
9B422FE6-88B9-4A39-8F82-4DB517950ACC.jpeg

Thank you. Original I was just replacing a diff cup, which snowballed into a damn near complete teardown, with new bearings, and this thing is not going back together as easily as I'd hoped, lol.

Thank you. Original I was just replacing a diff cup, which snowballed into a damn near complete teardown, with new bearings, and this thing is not going back together as easily as I'd hoped, lol.
Let me know if you need help with something I've done a couple full chassis up builds installing literally every single screw washer nut and part.

Let me know if you need help with something I've done a couple full chassis up builds installing literally every single screw washer nut and part.
Absolutely. If I have more questions I'll quote you and throw them up here so as to not clutter up the forum. This is my first job of this level since the Hornet kit I built as a kid.

I was definitely intimidated my first chassis swap when I cracked my chassis and had to do it. I laid out every piece how it came out and tried to leave all screws in pieces I took out and had my manual open to the schematics the whole time as well it helped a lot👍

I can almost build an RC with my eyes closed. And that is just a fancy way of saying, I break them A LOT! hahaha 🤣
Well, if it tells you anything, I bought this one back in November, and over replaced a front diff cup, and it's got new RPM arms all around, and the front pins have been replaced. So yea, I'm getting my moneys worth out of it, lol.

I've got the front done, and I'm stopping for tonight, but one question I've had, is how.to adjust the droop screws?

Also, the brand new RPM lower front arms, when I put the shocks on, that downward locking screw, it never quite tightens up. Feels like the hole was too big in the arms. What's the best way to fix these plastic parts when they "threads" strip? Plumbers tape? Some kind of glue? Junk it and buy a new part?

You may be able to get a bigger bore grub/set screw from ace hardware. But end result what I do is replace with a thicker screw.

I have gotten grub screws to replace the one that holds the pin at the wheel hex at Ace. So I know they sell them, just don't know if they will have one that long as the droops are a long set screw.

You may be able to get a bigger bore grub/set screw from ace hardware. But end result what I do is replace with a thicker screw.
The one that doesn't tighten up is actually the button head screw that locks the shock "pin". But I guess the same principle would apply

As stated above👆a bigger button head for the shock pin screw is about all you can do. For droop screws they just tighten in to lower the ride height or loosen to give more height. Can be a pain with the upper arms on and shocks so if you undo the upper arms you can get to the droop screw easily

As stated above👆a bigger button head for the shock pin screw is about all you can do. For droop screws they just tighten in to lower the ride height or loosen to give more height. Can be a pain with the upper arms on and shocks so if you undo the upper arms you can get to the droop screw easily
Agreed it is a pain. lol. I just put my hex driver in there and push down really really hard lol

I need to pick up one of those screw kits like that. Are the stainless screw kits worth a damn? I know stainless is generally softer than 12.9 screws.

I like stainless, but youll also see those long black ones, those are 12.9. I use both. Stainless is great for spots that aren't critical.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back