Front end Friday - show us what you got!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TGIF
20210716_141812.jpg

I'll start if off this Friday....

The Vaterra Chevy C10 is a common RC but I did add a chrome bumper that it does not come with, exhaust pipes (you all should know by now I like the pipes on my RCs), textured the bed, and real working taillights which look just like the sticker traillights...

1627059425981.png

Bumper, pipes, and taillights
1627059465663.png

1627059706186.png

Being made in Toledo was just one more selling point when I bought it back in 2015
Both of my in-laws retired from Jeep. They started at Overland and ended up at Stickney plant. He was a union steward and she worked the assembly line until one fell off the rack and broke her back. They both finished their 30 years and had amazing pensions. Those days are gone and they both have passed on now. Sad that new hires don’t get the same benefits. Amazing Jeep history here tho. I pass by the Overland site all the time. Stickney too.

Dang what did that run, 8s?
No sir, I’m in the south so we get our glory 660ft at a time. I ain’t sayin 1320 is for cars that can’t break the speed limit in the eighth…but I kinda am. Anyway, it was an all motor index car, so it ran 5.50’s in the 1/8, basically like a rolex. However, my old nitrous coupe pictured here went 9.54@145, driven to the track with the wife. Later on, it went 5.89@117 in the eighth.

39445F8F-49F3-4037-91F5-10C75C648CA8.jpeg

No sir, I’m in the south we get our glory 660ft at a time. I ain’t sayin 1320 is for cars that can’t break the speed limit in the eight, but I kinda am. Anyway, it was an all motor index car, so it ran 5.50’s in the 1/8, basically like a rolex. However, my old nitrous coupe pictured here went 9.54@145, driven to the track with the wife.

View attachment 159915
So the vette was NA? What’s the big red thing right in front of the motor on the vette? Kind of assumed it was a blower of some sort.

So the vette was NA? What’s the big red thing right in front of the motor on the vette? Kind of assumed it was a blower of some sort.
No, that‘s the water pump, I believe it was a CSR pump. That car was a very simple older build, mild steel chassis, 468ci, glide, ported iron heads. It’s very hard to duplicate that bb torque to a certain et, even in today’s LS everything world. I’m fairly sure that you could have sprayed that car to 5.teens without worrying too much.

Back