Kraton Front end problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
Ok so I’m having a problem with my front dog bones popping out constantly. I thought I was over this awhile ago by removing the spacers but now all of a sudden it’s starting again on my talion and kraton. I have addressed all common possible issues except one. Could my rpm a arms be flexing enough on a crash to cause this . They are about a year old and have survived hella crashes . Just getting frustrated so figured I would ask y’all

Ok so I’m having a problem with my front dog bones popping out constantly. I thought I was over this awhile ago by removing the spacers but now all of a sudden it’s starting again on my talion and kraton. I have addressed all common possible issues except one. Could my rpm a arms be flexing enough on a crash to cause this . They are about a year old and have survived hella crashes . Just getting frustrated so figured I would ask y’all

It is possible they have weakened over time allowing too much flex. It is also possible that they have grown/stretched from being a little over flexed.

Mine did that on my outcast even with the shims removed. I shaved 2mm or so off the ends of the arms and unless I'm in a horrible shock end snapping crash, they don't pop out.

The upper arm inner mounting point is really close, so it wears/stretches the holes on the hinge pin quite a bit. Combine that with the general flexibility of the RPM arm and it allows things to twist/contort so much that the bone pops out.

Putting fuel line on both ends of the dog bone will probably help like kvconivore said. I used to do this on my RC10's back in the day. Helps to keep them centered so you don't have one deep in a cup and the other barely holding on...

Putting fuel line on both ends of the dog bone will probably help like kvconivore said. I used to do this on my RC10's back in the day. Helps to keep them centered so you don't have one deep in a cup and the other barely holding on...
Tried that on my savage flux. It just chewed the fuel line up and the issue came back half way through the pack. Later got some thick o-rings to fit in there and that seemed to work well.

On the kraton/outcast in the front, you have cvd's, so that doesn't really help there. It would only help if you were having the issue on the rear since it runs dog bones.

I am having the same problem on my kraton. I even installed the 1mm longer axles, new cups and HR steering knuckles. If I push the wheels all the way up one of the axles falls out of the differential cup.

I am having the same issue. I even installed the MIP axles that are 1mm longer. These things are barely in the cup. I have new a arms and steering knuckles. Any thought on keeping the dog bone in the cup.

Attachments

• 15973508512253850517227870785664.jpg
    15973508512253850517227870785664.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 15973508923026451728105075859083.jpg
    15973508923026451728105075859083.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 42
adjust your ride height. There are set screws on the top of the bottom A arm, make it so the suspension is high enough that the shock cannot fully extend. It will save shock ends and lower the chance of the drive shaft coming out of the cup. I set mine 2mm higher because from the factory mine was set to exactly the shock length, 2mm may not be enough but so far it is good...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back