Typhon Front end wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edo7-11

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
What's up everyone?

I have an upgraded Typhon V4. Hobbywing Max 6 4985. 46T spur, 30T pinion, and a bunch of other things. Not a basher fyi, this is for speed runs.

Anyways, when approaching top end, the front tires wobble left to right. I've never messed with the front end. All hardware is tight. Nothing is binding. I have very good street tires and they're balanced perfectly. It runs dead straight at lower speeds with no steering input needed. The radio, receiver, servo are upgraded to all digital. It does have AVC activated (Spektrum DX5C). Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone else familiar with the DX5C? I'm guessing it's the AVC trying to correct itself but feels like I'm going to lose it at higher speed. Anyone have any ideas?

15632392441928603399528529359042.jpg
1563239286109246614324455556764.jpg
15632393335678257484499457033990.jpg
15632393933745760150056683621399.jpg
15632394535272287356573350029224.jpg
15632394962762547560832366726777.jpg

I have no knowledge of the DX5C with AVC but it does sound like something to do with the AVC..!!

Have you tried with the AVC disabled..?? I know on one of my old cars that had a giro fitted, if it wasn't set correctly it would try to constantly correct itself..

Oh, and nice looking setup you have there.. ??

I have no knowledge of the DX5C with AVC but it does sound like something to do with the AVC..!!

Have you tried with the AVC disabled..?? I know on one of my old cars that had a giro fitted, if it wasn't set correctly it would try to constantly correct itself..

@

@BashingBrian Thanks! It's taken a lot of time, money, and patience to get this far! Here's the thing about the DX5C...I can't just disable AVC. Not an option. It will switch to a whole bunch of different menus in the transmitter. It will change from "Inh" (inhibited) to a bunch of different sub menus. Honestly, I don't know what all of them do. I don't want to change a value and make the problem even worse.

I found these...

@Razor RC .. is very good with explaining stuff..??

5.54mins on the vid below sounds like your problem..??

Just found this too...very long vid in 2 parts..!!

@BashingBrian Thanks brotha! That answered my question and I learned a few things. That was awesome. I have the SRS6000 in the Typhon. Your vids helped out a lot!

Did your DX5C come with a manual? There is a section in there about setting up and adjust AVC. Did you calibrate it? That's very important.

Did your DX5C come with a manual? There is a section in there about setting up and adjust AVC. Did you calibrate it? That's very important.
Yeah, I did. And when I upgraded the motor the lhs dialed it in for me

I wanted to be sure that was the problem first
You can rebind the receiver and when you do it you can disable the AVC as well. I would do that and see if the wobble goes away.

Stupid question but are blind plugs just a shunt? They seem like a jumper.

You can rebind the receiver and when you do it you can disable the AVC as well. I would do that and see if the wobble goes away.
True. It's raining here today. I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow and see

@Edo7-11 ... You had any results with your steering wobble..??

Did any of the videos help..??
@BashingBrian yeah no more death wobble. The videos helped a lot! I turned down the AVC to 30% It was at 50%. That took care of it. Thanks for the advice!
AVC can creates death wobbles at high speed when set too aggressively, but is fantastic when set properly. Persist with it untill you dial it in correctly, it will help stabilise the car a lot!
35% seems to be perfect. No more death wobble but still helps control the car
@Edo7-11 ... You had any results with your steering wobble..??

Did any of the videos help..??
@BashingBrian moreso, I wanted to check with you guys to make sure it wasn't something mechanical in the front end that I didn't know about.

Last edited:
Just curious where you got your spur and pinion? Do I need to run a Hot Racing center diff spool and Traxxas Revo gears or is there Arrma gears that I can use to create a similar setup? Cool car.

Just curious where you got your spur and pinion? Do I need to run a Hot Racing center diff spool and Traxxas Revo gears or is there Arrma gears that I can use to create a similar setup? Cool car.
You don't need to run a spool. And it moreso depends if you're going to be doing just speed runs. If you're gonna bash then don't get a spool. For speed runs, you can even pack the center diff with grease or a really heavyweight oil and get close to the same effect as a spool. You can just Google arrma 30T pinion and get options for your spur/pinion combos. That's what i did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back