Granite Front Hub and axle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Sorry if I am not using the correct terminology. Not a car guy and am trying to learn.

I got my son a voltage for Christmas and I got a granite blx. I am finding out there is a reason it is only $100. Anyways, this is the first repair where I cannot figure out how to remove the part.

The hub arm broke and I ordered the replacement hub and knuckle set. I absolutely could not figure out how to remove the bearings to I just used a dremel tool to cut the plastic. I finally got the bearings (axle?) out and now I can't get the hex out. Having a lot of trouble finding any info doing this on the voltage.

From looking at the exploded parts list I know there is a pin and gasket somewhere in there. I have tried getting a small Philip head in there and prying the pinnout, but no luck. Was really hoping not to spend another week and $10 on this one part.

Anyone have advice?

IMG_20210114_205850.jpg
IMG_20210114_205901.jpg

Lightly tap the plastic hex towards the threaded end of the axle. The pin should come right out

Learn something everyday. Only took a couple tries and it came right off. Thanks man, I don't think I would have ever figured that out on my own

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back