Granite Front shocks Granite Mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scv484

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. 4x4-Mega
So my front shocks are leaking. Do I just keep sending it, rebuild, replace with stock or replace with others> (Typhon shocks are out due to price right now)

Probably just the o-rings, should be an easy fix for a few bucks.

I just rebuilt my front shocks on my Granite because of this. Interesting design for these shock. Nothing was 'wrong' with my shocks, they just leaked out. There was not much grease on the O-rings from the factory. Pack the O-rings good with grease, and I bet they will be fine. For a while, at least. :)

I just rebuilt my front shocks on my Granite because of this. Interesting design for these shock. Nothing was 'wrong' with my shocks, they just leaked out. There was not much grease on the O-rings from the factory. Pack the O-rings good with grease, and I bet they will be fine. For a while, at least. :)
Jerry,

What brand/weight oil did you use?

I wanted to use 50wt, but I was almost out. So I used a bit of my losi 50wt, some AE 35wt, and a few drops of 1000k diff oil... LOL

Yeah, it didn't work, still too light. I've bought some new 50wt and 80wt, (and some AE Green Slime) but have not had a chance to go thru them again.

I wanted to use 50wt, but I was almost out. So I used a bit of my losi 50wt, some AE 35wt, and a few drops of 1000k diff oil... LOL

Yeah, it didn't work, still too light. I've bought some new 50wt and 80wt, (and some AE Green Slime) but have not had a chance to go thru them again.

Are there any negative effects of running much heavier than stock shock oil with the stock springs? I had always assumed that you needed to change both if you make a drastic jump in the oil. I’ve been running the stock 30wt in my Mega.

Well, you want the springs to be able to rebound against the oil in a timely manner. :)

I really need to stiffen up my Granite a lot. With the heavy motor/ESC and a 4s, it is a bit porky. I really need to drop on some Typhon shocks. Or at least some Typhon springs, and some heavy oil.

You could try the BLX springs first, they're a lot stiffer than the Mega springs.

You could try the BLX springs first, they're a lot stiffer than the Mega springs.

I am going to try that on my converted Mega. I'm running an 1/8 scale system on 4s as well and it's just too heavy for the stock springs.

I've rebuilt the shocks multiple times. It's a waste of money. Which is why Arrma designed them that way. Dirt wrecks the seals easily.

Replace them with Proline or ECX shocks and never worry again.

Not sure if you guys have this on your shocks, but the spring cups had some sharp extra flashing on 3 of the 4 shocks on my Granite BLX. I trimmed them off with a hobby knife. On one of the shocks, it would definitely cut into the seals.

I've rebuilt the shocks multiple times. It's a waste of money. Which is why Arrma designed them that way. Dirt wrecks the seals easily.

Replace them with Proline or ECX shocks and never worry again.

I'm on my original shocks. Arrma's evil plan failed for me!

One of my back ones leaked down two months ago but hasn't since. My front aren't stocks as those kept breaking from just looking at a pebble wrong. After the second time I worked some Axial shocks to work for me for about $20 total.

I'm running 40wt front, 50 wt rear and it's okay. I think I'd rather have at least one step thicker in all.

I was gonna rebuild mine but found a set of brand new blx shocks (all 4) for $20 on eBay. Cheaper than the parts needed to rebuild 2, so now I have spares
Lol

It's amazing how people have such different experiences with the stock shocks. Some people have them break just by running over a twig, and then there's people like me who can drop their truck 20 feet out of the sky and have nothing wrong with the shocks.

It's amazing how people have such different experiences with the stock shocks. Some people have them break just by running over a twig, and then there's people like me who can drop their truck 20 feet out of the sky and have nothing wrong with the shocks.
Most of my driving has been donuts in the dirt/gravel driveway and runs through the backyard. I have found a couple roots that are big enough to get some air off, lol. My front two are leaking, but when I took them apart yesterday, I think the bottom of the shock capsule was loose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back