Big Rock Front shocks too soft Nero crew cab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tutur74170

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hello, i just bought a nero crew cab 3S BLX and ran it a couple times! It is amazing, so fast, i love it.
However i find the front shocks to be way too soft, the front of the chassis slams the ground on nearly every jumps. I also found some type of grease/liquids on the front shocks, guess it might leak...did you ever hear about this?
How can i make the front shocks harder? Harder oil?
Also what do you think are the must have upgrades on a 3S BLX chassis?
Thanks a lot,
Arthur
( i put the nero big rock prefix cause there wasn't one for the nero crew cab)

Set your shock preload better.(drop the springs lower) and definitely thicker oil. You probably need more shock pack. (Thicker oil) That should help you. But honestly chassis slap is inevitable when jumping. If you see oil around the shocks, they may be low on oil too. Maybe the seals are worn or not tight. Check all of them. Just have oil on hand. I'm not sure what weight oil is in there from the factory. Check the manual. You need to know what's in there so you have a baseline reference to buy thicker. Others here may chime in with that info who also have that rig. Good luck.
:cool:

Set your shock preload better.(drop the springs lower) and definitely thicker oil. You probably need more shock pack. (Thicker oil) That should help you. But honestly chassis slap is inevitable when jumping. If you see oil around the shocks, they may be low on oil too. Maybe the seals are worn or not tight. Check all of them. Just have oil on hand. I'm not sure what weight oil is in there from the factory. Check the manual. You need to know what's in there so you have a baseline reference to buy thicker. Others here may chime in with that info who also have that rig. Good luck.
:cool:
I already set the shock preload lower, not much of an effect. I looked in the manual and didn't find once the info for oil thickness...but i found it on arrma website, the oil shock viscosity is 500SCT. What would i need to buy in order to make it stiffer?

500CST is approx. 40weight thick. Use the chart below to help. I have 1000cst(80wt) in my 6S Kraton, F and R. Changed out my rear pistons as well. Kraton comes with different sets of pistons. I matched the rear pistons to what the fronts have as stock.. Hope this helps. The chart s is a rough approximation
CST_weight chart.png

Different brands of shock oil can vary greatly. That's why I try to stay with one brand of shock and diff. oils. I use Associated mostly and sometimes TLR . But they also vary and are not equal. Try a 60 weight and try different pistons if you have them with your RTR. Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back