Granite Front shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooTall

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Anyone know of any other shocks that will work on Granite mega 4x4?

Got a pair of them for X-mas for myself and son, and these front shock perches are very flimsy.

10 minutes in son bumped into wall going no more than 5 mph, i was watching at the time and both front perches snapped.

Id read the could be vulnerable so luckily I ordered a couple spares with the trucks, but this was riduculous, no way they should have broke.

Called tech support they said sorry only warranty electric parts.

Also emailed T-bone about a bumper, they responding saying they are in process of designing.

I’m thinking some 3rd party shocks may be less hassle than changing the perches all the time.

Anyone have any ideas.?

I have 2 Granites and a Senton in my household, so I purchased enough parts to have 2 full sets of shocks at the ready (Granite and Senton use the same). It was fun building them and it really didn't cost that much. My driving is getting better, so I haven't broken another shock after breaking 2 in my first day. LOL..

Same problem with my shock perches. I have installed hot racing 100mm big bore shocks up front. 40wt losi shock oil, and rpm big bore shocks guards rounded out the front. Made a huge improvement. Cost around 45 on Amazon.

The Typhon shocks are a perfect fit. You just have to use some brass servo spacers on the top.

My son broke a front shock today when we were out bashing, I purchase from Tower Hobbies because they’re in my state and wanted to know the specific part number I would need? He snapped the shock shaft and shock perch.

Thanks in advance

AR330447 Is the perch and shaft. Youll also need pivot ball set AR330515 if you don't want to reuse the one from the broken perch.

TT

Be aware that when you break the shock down that there is a possibility of breaking the O-Ring that keeps the shock oil from leaking out.

AR330451 is the part number that includes the O-Ring that you will need if it does break.

I broke a lower shock perch and can’t get them their out of stock or back ordered every where not sure what to do

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back