Front Splitter/Bumper Replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I'm in the process of turning my Talion into a top speed RC, but I have some concerns after taking a bit of a scary front-lift moment and the car nearly back-flipping at WOT.

Sure, we have monster rear wings, but I see nearly zero information on something like a front splitter or canards to assist in keeping the front planted at speed.

I recognize that the Talion doesn't have a huge front to mount something like this, but I'm simply looking for any information possible that may suit my needs. Sadly my knowledge of aerodynamics is lacking, and I'd likely make things worse.

Thanks for any information. My Talion is ready for spring, and some dry roads again!

Attachments

• 93B2FBCE-7A80-4456-A935-2CBDFEF974F3.jpeg
    93B2FBCE-7A80-4456-A935-2CBDFEF974F3.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 49
You could add rock guards on the A-arms that can canted at an angle to help provide down force and have a front splitter to split the incoming air under and over the car while channeling the air into the canted A-arm guards. Then also add something under the rc car to keep air from getting up into the body shell. sealing off air to the body shell may reduce cooling ability of the electronics fans though to keep that in mind.

You could add rock guards on the A-arms that can canted at an angle to help provide down force and have a front splitter to split the incoming air under and over the car while channeling the air into the canted A-arm guards.

That's a great idea, connecting something to the A-arms. I hadn't thought about that just yet!

add something under the rc car to keep air from getting up into the body shell.

I may do something similar to my Losi TENacity, in that it had a small piece of velcro to keep the front of the body connected to the chassis. I may go this route, but you bring up a good point about electronics. Perhaps a motor fan will help keep things cool. I'm considering upgrading the ESC/motor soon, so I'll keep an eye on ones that run cool.

would want to keep the splitter a separate piece from what goes on the A-arms or it'd hinder the suspension but guiding it onto that bit would work. i see yeah could make a slot in the front of the body and use some cable management velcro that's got the fuzzy on one side and the grip hook side on the other to secure the front down. Lot's of possibilities. Take some pics of what you end up doing please I'd like to see!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back