Limitless Front spoiler wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I took these off for a run. Stupid mistake.

At about 86 on my dynamite GPS the thing went nose up, caught air and double cartwheeled while airborne, landed back on the wheels and hit a curb. Fortunately it only broke the front upper A-arm carrier, a $8 part but it gave her some road rash..

WTF is up with that? Do I need to run the stupid front air dam/spoiler wings to keep the front down or is there something you guys are doing to the rear spoiler?

Sorry to hear you've flipped it but glad the damage was minimal. My personal opinion is I'd say you haven't got your car set up correctly I'm afraid.

Having not seen your car, nor any video of the run or road my best guess would be that air got under the front at speed causing the front to go light and eventually with enough air under it lift causing the flip.

You don't need to run the black front aero at all really no, ...Phillip Jolley and lots of others have proved that at speeds well above 140mph without any flips.

You need to firstly make sure your suspension is set up well. To get you started;
  • Add rake to your car so the back is higher that the front, ...this is important as when you accelerate the car will squat down at the rear.
  • Add shock limiters to your shocks to limit the amount of travel they have. You want shock limiters to restrict the movement to make sure your back end can never go lower than the front ~ RPM make plastic ones to fit the shock shafts but I just use rubber tubing and cut to the appropriate length/s.
  • Tighten your springs up a bit too if you haven't already to firm it up.

Regarding the rear wing you really want that to be completely flat.

Click on my "Build Thread Contributor" banner in my username to see some of the things I've done to my Typhon speed runner. Lot's of pictures in there showing how I made my own shock limiters and more.
Also a Limitless thread I have running here with people adding to it occasionally just to give you some ideas of what others are doing: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-limitless-today.14525/

(y)

Two things I can say here:

1) Must cut the rear wing. Above 80mph I’ve found that the down force on a wing of that size will lift the nose.

2) Add as much preload on the rear shocks as you can to keep that rear stiff.

Sorry to hear you've flipped it but glad the damage was minimal. My personal opinion is I'd say you haven't got your car set up correctly I'm afraid.

Having not seen your car, nor any video of the run or road my best guess would be that air got under the front at speed causing the front to go light and eventually with enough air under it lift causing the flip.

You don't need to run the black front aero at all really no, ...Phillip Jolley and lots of others have proved that at speeds well above 140mph without any flips.

You need to firstly make sure your suspension is set up well. To get you started;
  • Add rake to your car so the back is higher that the front, ...this is important as when you accelerate the car will squat down at the rear.
  • Add shock limiters to your shocks to limit the amount of travel they have. You want shock limiters to restrict the movement to make sure your back end can never go lower than the front ~ RPM make plastic ones to fit the shock shafts but I just use rubber tubing and cut to the appropriate length/s.
  • Tighten your springs up a bit too if you haven't already to firm it up.

Regarding the rear wing you really want that to be completely flat.

Click on my "Build Thread Contributor" banner in my username to see some of the things I've done to my Typhon speed runner. Lot's of pictures in there showing how I made my own shock limiters and more.
Also a Limitless thread I have running here with people adding to it occasionally just to give you some ideas of what others are doing: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-limitless-today.14525/

(y)
Two things I can say here:

1) Must cut the rear wing. Above 80mph I’ve found that the down force on a wing of that size will lift the nose.

2) Add as much preload on the rear shocks as you can to keep that rear stiff.

Gentlemen, Thank you! I had a feeling it wasn't really the front wing but my run where it went 108 I had it on. It must have pushed enough air over the rear spoiler to keep the nose down. I saw many running on you tube without it, had that rear spoiler feeling. I will definitely install tube, pre-load the :poop: out of the ass end! (y)(y)

Hows that rake lookin?! Cut the lip off the rear wing, its flat now. Added some more CF to piss me off when I break it..

Never mind that rear tire! :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0857.JPG

The rake looks good, but you'll want the nose as close to the ground as you can get it. The more I read about these, and watch videos, the more I'm leaning, and you have to keep the air from getting under the car. If the nose lifts at these speeds, you get a "Blowover", just like in Top Fuel cars and hydroplane racing.

I'm taking advantage of the next few rainy days to check out mine on my big, FLAT, level aluminum "chassis plate" that I got for building my on-road car.

One thing I haven't seen people talk about much is the alignment specs. The front is pretty adjustable, but the only thing you can easily change in the rear is the camber; caster and toe-in are locked in by the parts used to build it. I'll look at the car a lot closer tonight with the instruction manual......

I took these off for a run. Stupid mistake.

At about 86 on my dynamite GPS the thing went nose up, caught air and double cartwheeled while airborne, landed back on the wheels and hit a curb. Fortunately it only broke the front upper A-arm carrier, a $8 part but it gave her some road rash..

WTF is up with that? Do I need to run the stupid front air dam/spoiler wings to keep the front down or is there something you guys are doing to the rear spoiler?
Cut out the rear wing so its flat. All the high speed guys do it. At speed the standard rear spolier setup forces the back of the car to rotate backwards and the front will lift. The slightest lift causes nose up and its over. The front spoiler is trimmed also because it just causes too much drag (slows you down) and draws too many amps.(excessive heat)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back