Talion Front steering hub nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lingerfelter6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
I wanted to reduce the slop or play in the front wheels so I purchased the HR wheel hub nuts. These come with o rings on the threads to lock it in preventing them from coming loose. However, I am unsure how tight these are supposed to be. If i tighten it until there is no slop/play it is almost impossible to actuate the servo by hand, way too much resistance. However, if i loosen it, there is slop. what is the recommended tightness? I have no idea

hraaon21n02.jpg

Snug and then back them off a hair. The steering should be nice, quick flop, flop. Mine loosen up now and then. I should buy some of those...

Yup, exactly what I did. Wasnt quite sure if I was doing it right. I think play will always be there, but at least these nuts fasten well

Set your truck on a stand or something that allows the wheels to hang, and remove the bottom screws holding shocks to the a-arm to allow the arm for fall. Now lift the arm and tighten the nuts until they hold the arm up and then back them off enough so the arm falls freely. Now they’re set.

Set your truck on a stand or something that allows the wheels to hang, and remove the bottom screws holding shocks to the a-arm to allow the arm for fall. Now lift the arm and tighten the nuts until they hold the arm up and then back them off enough so the arm falls freely. Now they’re set.

I will try this, definitely. Just to be clear, the tightening should be done on the lower or upper a arm? or both?

Took apart my Kraton wheels today and noticed I was missing one of these guys. Also just put an order in for the HR replacements. Really happy I found this truck and this website with knowledgeable folks like you.

Cant believe I never thought of taking the steering knuckle right off to adjust the pillow balls. Haha thanks for find that video.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back