Talion Front Steering Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriedOne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Hi Guys,
Recently picked up a a new Talion 6S EXB. I would like to improve my steering and remove some of the slop from it. Will the HR aluminum HD steering blocks fit my Talion. Talion model is not listed on part description. What other options do I have that wil fitl for sure and what else should I upgrade. What is the recommended diff oil weights and front and rear shock oil weights for bashing.
Thanks Guys.

There are two different models of the HR aluminum steering blocks - one for the narrow blocks, and one for the wide blocks. Just make sure you get the correct ones.

In addition to adding the HR steering blocks, the HR aluminum steering bell cranks will eliminate additional slop. I have them in my Kraton 6s.

There are two different models of the HR aluminum steering blocks - one for the narrow blocks, and one for the wide blocks. Just make sure you get the correct ones.

In addition to adding the HR steering blocks, the HR aluminum steering bell cranks will eliminate additional slop. I have them in my Kraton 6s.
Thank you for your response. Would you have a part number for the narrow blocks.
Replace the bushings for bearings 3x6x10mm I’m pretty sure, add snap rings on servo saver 2-3 to start, and i’d upgrade the stock servo to like a Amazon 35kg special zorsky ds3235 is what I used in my 1/8 KRATON EXB.
Thanks Allan,
I have only found a set of Fast Eddy bearings for the V4 of the Talion. Would this work with my V5.

Screenshot_20220907-133503_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Replace the bushings for bearings 3x6x10mm I’m pretty sure, add snap rings on servo saver 2-3 to start, and i’d upgrade the stock servo to like a Amazon 35kg special zorsky ds3235 is what I used in my 1/8 KRATON EXB.
100% this. Take out those stock bushings for the bearing. Most bearing kits now include the bearings for the steering. For the snap rings check out East Tactics video on how to do this. This signigantly helped improve my steering.

Thanks for all your replies. I just watched East Tactics on how to add the snap rings. I had no idea when I read your response. Will be ordering some parts and give it a go.
Cheers.

I got Fast Eddie's bearings and HR blocks and my servo saver spring wasn't up to the task. I bought the clips and plyers but instead of using that I bought the new Treal 7075 aluminum steering assembly. So nice and a good deal. It comes from China but it took like 10 days from the day I ordered it to get to me in Cali. Very fast and awesome quality. Completely fixed the issues and improved the steering a lot. And it came with sealed bearings! To be honest I wish I bought all of their stuff instead of HR as it's all 7075 and HR is not...
https://trealhobby.com/products/tre...-linkage-aluminum-7075-for-18-arrma-kraton-6s

I got Fast Eddie's bearings and HR blocks and my servo saver spring wasn't up to the task. I bought the clips and plyers but instead of using that I bought the new Treal 7075 aluminum steering assembly. So nice and a good deal. It comes from China but it took like 10 days from the day I ordered it to get to me in Cali. Very fast and awesome quality. Completely fixed the issues and improved the steering a lot. And it came with sealed bearings! To be honest I wish I bought all of their stuff instead of HR as it's all 7075 and HR is not...
https://trealhobby.com/products/tre...-linkage-aluminum-7075-for-18-arrma-kraton-6s
Hey Jeremy,
Thanks for the info. I will check them out. It's always a long wait getting gear shipped from China. I'm patiently waiting on some 35mm fans ordered.
I just installed a Basherqueen kit and that improved steering significantly. Already had the 35 kg servo , I'm happy with it.
Nice. I will have a look. I'm out in Canada and some stuff is not readily available. Shipping gets expensive. Do you have a model or part number so I can check it out.
Thanks man
That's a good find Allan. I could not find a bearing kit for my Talion. Was looking for my spefic model from Fasteddys and no stock on Avid as well. Will see which route I take it might come with bearings I'd not your idea will work.
Thanks man.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you for your response. Would you have a part number for the narrow blocks.

Thanks Allan,
I have only found a set of Fast Eddy bearings for the V4 of the Talion. Would this work with my V5.
3x6x10's are available anywhere from any brand BB company. Arrma even sells them
I would focus on getting a decent servo and swapping out the 4 brass bushings for BB's. Alloy Steering Belcrank is not needed. Unless you like $Bling$ all over. Slowly adding unwanted weight all over the Talion. (n) That's your call ultimately. It won't make much of a difference over stock. I could see other "select" priorities when it comes to alloy upgrades.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back