Outcast Front Suspension spacers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
After putting the truck back together today and letting my son drive, it appears we lost one of the front suspension spacers while driving, its one of the thick ones, there are 1 thick and two thin ones per side on the upper front suspension.

Does anyone know if these are available separately or does anyone have me they can send and I'll gladly cover postage and even a little bit for the spacer or alternatively has anyone find something else to use in place of these?

I really hate to spend 11 dollars to get a spacer.

You must be talking about these shims.
CIMG3815.JPG

If that's the case, you could take the other shims from the pillow ball ends,and use some small 5/16" washers (I believe) on the
pillow balls instead of the shims, which actually will help make the end of the a-arm a little stronger.

That's what I meant by pillow ball shim
This guy.
CIMG3816.JPG

I replace those anyways with a washer so the end of the a-arm does crack/split.
CIMG3817.JPG

Use a 5/16th washer drilled out to 15/64ths,works great as the camber adjust on an Outcast isn't all that critical.
CIMG3818.JPG

These are the plastic horseshoe shims that affect caster.
There are 2X 1mm and 1X 2mm spacers.
The pillow ball spacers are .5mm and 1mm.
These are what affect camber.
Best bet would be to contact Hobbico and ask for what part numbers the caster spacers are.
Not sure if they are orderable separately - or if they are included/bundled with another component (be it the a-arm, or steering rack hinge pins maybe?).

Yes, the spacers are only available with the upper a arms for 11-12 dollars shipped. Considering I can see these getting lost a lot, I was hoping to find an alternative or if someone had an extra, not having to spend 11-12 dollars for a tiny piece of plastic.

So I have just completed what I dub the Stupid A*s Spacer replacement modification. I found some old small balllinks I had from rc helicopters that are almost exactly the same width as the 2mm spacer, maybe slight narrower. Slipped that in place of the 2mm spacer at the front and then used one 1mm spacer on the rear of the arm. I tried getting 2 spacers like original in but no way it was going in there. The a arms are tighter now with less wobble than before with the arrma spacers. One does have a little more play then the other but still tighter than stock. I"m sure I'm messing with the castor and eventually the car will explode, but my son can drive it now and it saved 12 dollars.

If there is a serious reason why I should not do this, someone please tell me. I just can't imagine those stupid spacers holding up to the hits my kid does with this thing. today he came from the street, hit the slight curb in front of the house, sent the thing into the air and then smacked the bricks and rock in front of the plants. I'm sure that's what lost the spacer today. The ball links aren't going anywhere.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...et-blue-12-0.5mm-1.0mm-2.0mm-ptk-8371/p456784
Found these, thinking this might be a nice long term solution.

Should work fine with washers.
They key is not to exceed 4mm of spacing in total.
Any less will allow too much play, anything more will not allow the hingepins to thread in completely and make the fitment too tight.

No idea. The ball link in place of the 2mm spacer is slightly under 2mm but no way another 1mm spacer was going in the back.

The page says they are for the Nero model line, but I bet they would fit. What are the diameters of the hinge pins on the Outcast/Kraton/Typhoon and the Nero/Fazon?

The problem is I understand that the spacers are 2mm and 1mm wide with 1 2mm being used and 2 1 mm. The Nero ones are not that size.

The problem is I understand that the spacers are 2mm and 1mm wide with 1 2mm being used and 2 1 mm. The Nero ones are not that size.

I am confident you could remove the 50 or 100 microns required in very little time with a file.

You could also get within 100 microns total by using different combinations of the ones from the kit.

Personally, I like the idea of using aluminum ball-stud spacers, if the ID is correct.

I am confident you could remove the 50 or 100 microns required in very little time with a file.

You could also get within 100 microns total by using different combinations of the ones from the kit.

Personally, I like the idea of using aluminum ball-stud spacers, if the ID is correct.

me too, unfortunately, the ones I found are 3mm ID and the screws are 4mm. I could probaly drill them out if needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back