Kraton Front upper a-arm spacers. Are they needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airwolf076

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Quick question..... Am I good to leave these off?

So today I had my first front shaft popout..... I thought for sure I killed the front diff, but nope, just a shaft popout. I'd heard before you can reduce the possibility of the shafts popping out by removing the spacer behind the pillow ball, and so I did, everything seemed to drive ok, but my question is, do I need it? I'm assuming it's there to set the camber..... I'm sure that removing it changed my camber a bit, but is it enough to cause me any problems?

Quick question..... Am I good to leave these off?

So today I had my first front shaft popout..... I thought for sure I killed the front diff, but nope, just a shaft popout. I'd heard before you can reduce the possibility of the shafts popping out by removing the spacer behind the pillow ball, and so I did, everything seemed to drive ok, but my question is, do I need it? I'm assuming it's there to set the camber..... I'm sure that removing it changed my camber a bit, but is it enough to cause me any problems?
I asked the same question posted here some time back. No, the small change did not affect anything

A lot of guys remove them before they ever run a new truck. @SrC made the recommendation to me when I got my first Mojave. I’ve tried it both ways and there is very little discernible difference. If anything, the very slight addition of negative camber helps turn-in and stability. A much better driver than me said he prefers the handling and would do it anyway and the fact that the shafts no longer pop out is just a bonus. Since then I remove them before I do setup and never put them back.

^^^ I agree that some like that more Neg Camber and it absolutely has its benefits fundamentally, just that the Dog bones will pop out much more easily if the lower PB shim/washer is NOT removed. I remove the lower First, then adjust from there at the Top Pivot Ball, on every single 6s rig. Even my Lim and Infr, as Zero Camber is best.

EDITED.
Above corrected.

Last edited:
Mine still popped out even after removing them. I had to add 3 of these washers to front shock shafts.

https://a.co/d/9LLdD1Y

Mine still popped out even after removing them. I had to add 3 of these washers to front shock shafts.

https://a.co/d/9LLdD1Y
After removing the stock washers for top/bottom, did you also adjust the droop, so the arms did not hang so low down? Bringing them up still helps to keep them in the outdrives.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back