Kraton Front upper suspension arm too much play

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwolf1228

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
I just replaced my front shock tower after having a hard frontal incident.
Now I've put the arms back and there's a tonne of play....

How many spacers should there be on each of the upper-pins?
I've got a total of 3 (2 skinnies and 1 fatty). I have never taken apart the front arms before so I doubt I would have misplaced them.

Scratching my head.

Here are some pics for anyone who's never done this before: just undo the top of each shock Standoff and the upper hinge pins. The shock tower is held in by 4 screws + the 2 hinge pins. It is not captively held in place like I thought.

Attachments

• IMG_20200211_230809.jpg
    IMG_20200211_230809.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20200211_231029.jpg
    IMG_20200211_231029.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200211_231130.jpg
    IMG_20200211_231130.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20200212_001958.jpg
    IMG_20200212_001958.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 84
Yeah you have the correct spacers. I know these things have a ton of slop.. rpm arms help a bit. But other then adding spacers or washers and hoping it doesn't bind... also check your hinge pin and hinge pin braces for play.... another area they gain play is in the wheel hex. You can get a ton of play out of them.

I have already changed my A arm's also and the 2 skinny went to the rear, and the fatty went to the front. I lost one in a 40mph meeting with a metal pole... Crappy part was you could only get the C clip spacer as a whole pack with the upper A arms, as a pair at that...

I just replaced my front shock tower after having a hard frontal incident.
Now I've put the arms back and there's a tonne of play....

How many spacers should there be on each of the upper-pins?
I've got a total of 3 (2 skinnies and 1 fatty). I have never taken apart the front arms before so I doubt I would have misplaced them.

Scratching my head.

Here are some pics for anyone who's never done this before: just undo the top of each shock Standoff and the upper hinge pins. The shock tower is held in by 4 screws + the 2 hinge pins. It is not captively held in place like I thought.
It's fatty to the front and skinnies as needed to the rear. I add all three while the screw is still backed out a bit, then tighten it up after. Might be tight for a bit, but as a basher, they free up pretty quick into the first run.

Thanks slick2500!!! I am a few short since my crash and didn't want to but 3 sets of upper A arm's to replace them...
Right it took me forever to find those for a while I was just running washers.

As a man hard frontal incidents scare me. ?

It's fatty to the front and skinnies as needed to the rear. I add all three while the screw is still backed out a bit, then tighten it up after. Might be tight for a bit, but as a basher, they free up pretty quick into the first run.
Thank you for confirming... I actually just looked at the "exploded view" to confirm before seeing your answer ?..... It seems one arm is missing all 3 shims somehow.... Not sure how. I must have lost them...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back