Outcast Front wheels lock up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fillmore

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
When driving the outcast it makes a grinding noise in the front when you hit the brakes and now the front wheels are locking up front diff is fine and so is pinion

I'd pull the motor out and see if you can spin the tires. If all good move to the motor itself. And it only grinds when you break? Wonder if something is wrong with the motor itself.

Yes only grinds when I break all I've been having is trouble since I bought this

Ok wheels move freely with motor out. Motor turns and does not bind up when you turn it by self .

How long have you had it? I'd call Arrma and see what they say. Don't give up on Arrma rcs man they can take the abuse. Sorry I'm not more help. Imho it sounds like something wrong with the motor but I'm no pro at this lol.

Ok someone told me to shim the diff so it don't shift from side to side do I just do shims on one side or both

There is a YouTube video on how to do it. I'm not sure how to post links or I'd post it for you. Just search Arrma shimming diff and it's like the second video down. I'm sure someone will post a link for you.

Thank you

Ok that's for the inside of the duo I did that already but front wheels keep locking up and a hobby shop said about shimming outside the diff by the bearings

Is the diff itself locking up? Can you spin it in your hand? If it's not locking up in your hand I don't think it's your diff. There is only one shim on the outside of the diff and i don't think that would have anything to do with it locking up. Did you check to make sure nothing is binding up along the drivelines from the front diff to the tires? Push down on the front of the rc and push if forward see if you can get it to mimic the locking up.

Is the diff itself locking up? Can you spin it in your hand? If it's not locking up in your hand I don't think it's your diff. There is only one shim on the outside of the diff and i don't think that would have anything to do with it locking up. Did you check to make sure nothing is binding up along the drivelines from the front diff to the tires? Push down on the front of the rc and push if forward see if you can get it to mimic the locking up.
No matter what you do it clicks and locks up front tires

So the diff is locking up? If so you may need to open it back up and pull one shim out or replace the front diff. Best of luck to ya

I think I got it I put three shims in between the diff bearing and it took all the slop away I still have to rest drive but it does not lock the front wheels no more when you move the outcast thank you for all your it is greatly appreciated

Lol that was all you. Glad you figured it out! More good time ahead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back