Notorious Front wheels: vertical alignment and little wobbling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superticky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion EXB
Hello People !!!

Last weekend when bashing in the park my daughter and I decided to do a little racing on pavement.

It's been a while since last time I ran the truck on pavement so I noticed two things:

- The front wheel vertical alignment maaaaybe is a little off ? please let me know by the picture below and maybe if I need to make adjustments ?

- Front wheels wobble a little even at low speeds, left more than right. Do I need to tight more the Cap Hub Nuts ? I'm always afraid of tighten them too much and make the servo work too much. From another post I was recommended to tight all the way and then loose each 3/4 of a turn. Would this be the reason why the wobbling and need to set better tightness ? another post I saw recommendations about getting the Hot Racing AON21N02 Cap Hub Nut which have O-ring included.

Thank you guys !

Along with checking the pillow balls, your toe seems further out on the right side. Take a pic again after tightening the pillow pals and try to get closer to the ground when you do.

Hello People !!!

Last weekend when bashing in the park my daughter and I decided to do a little racing on pavement.

It's been a while since last time I ran the truck on pavement so I noticed two things:

- The front wheel vertical alignment maaaaybe is a little off ? please let me know by the picture below and maybe if I need to make adjustments ?

- Front wheels wobble a little even at low speeds, left more than right. Do I need to tight more the Cap Hub Nuts ? I'm always afraid of tighten them too much and make the servo work too much. From another post I was recommended to tight all the way and then loose each 3/4 of a turn. Would this be the reason why the wobbling and need to set better tightness ? another post I saw recommendations about getting the Hot Racing AON21N02 Cap Hub Nut which have O-ring included.

Thank you guys !

View attachment 31640

To set my pivot balls I remove the steering linkage and the shocks, loosen up all of the nuts then one nut at a time I slowly tighten then up until the a arms either do not go up and down freely or the steering knuckles do not move freely, then I back it off slightly from there ensuring the a arm moves freely and the steering knuckle turns back and forth.

Along with checking the pillow balls, your toe seems further out on the right side. Take a pic again after tightening the pillow pals and try to get closer to the ground when you do.

Level and straight in front of the truck would be ideal.

Not sure if it is the angles but the passenger side looks to have more toe out and camber than the driver side does.

To set my pivot balls I remove the steering linkage and the shocks, loosen up all of the nuts then one nut at a time I slowly tighten then up until the a arms either do not go up and down freely or the steering knuckles do not move freely, then I back it off slightly from there ensuring the a arm moves freely and the steering knuckle turns back and forth.

Level and straight in front of the truck would be ideal.

Not sure if it is the angles but the passenger side looks to have more toe out and camber than the driver side does.
Thanks @slick2500. I should have said passenger side, as I was speaking of the right hand side of the truck, not the right side looking at the photo. ?

Thank you guys !!! great info and resources. I will work on this tonight.

Thanks @slick2500. I should have said passenger side, as I was speaking of the right hand side of the truck, not the right side looking at the photo. ?
Nope it's cool for some people it is easier to say passenger and driver than left or right, because us car guys know that the right side is the passenger side and the left is the driver but your average Joe doesn't.

Nope it's cool for some people it is easier to say passenger and driver than left or right, because us car guys know that the right side is the passenger side and the left is the driver but your average Joe doesn't.
right and left is clearer. not everyone is from america.

right and left is clearer. not everyone is from america.

Well, left hand drive is adopted in countries like Germany and a whole host of other countries, not just america. But there are a fair number of us that drive on the left (right hand drive) especially in Asia. But denoting the side of a car as either left or right as opposed to passenger/driver side removes ambiguity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back