SOLD / FOUND FS Promodeler DS630 in excellent condition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
FS DS630 in excellent condition. $115 shipped in the US.

I purchased this new in late September and it was used for a Kraton build for 2 packs. I decided I wasn't interested in off road bashing and sold the Kraton as a roller to another forum member and kept the servo thinking I would use it for another build but I've decided to use full Futaba electronics in all of my cars (prefer SBUS and programability with the transmitter).

1/24/22
price dropped to $105 shipped.

IMG_8377.jpeg

IMG_8378.jpeg

IMG_8379.jpeg

IMG_8380.jpeg

IMG_8381.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah, kinda disappointed I didn't get to use this more but like I said, I'm moving to full futaba electronics because I like having all the electronics playing nicely with each other. The advantages of futaba servos (electronics) are only unlocked when using a complete system.

Well there's actually quite a few.
Gyros can connect to the servos via SBUS so only 2 wires are needed instead of 3 and gyro sensitivity can be adjusted from the transmitter via SBUS
Gyro can be used in SR mode when using an SR mode servo (futaba)
Servo parameters can be programmed via the transmitter 7Px and 10px ( not sure about 4Px and lower); this includes centering, endpoint adjustments as well as other servo characteristics such as damper factor, dead band, travel adjustment, speed, boost, soft start, etc.
Servo can be used in SR mode when using a SR compatible transmitter (futaba)

so all this works best in a futaba ecosystem. Without a futaba servo, I lose SBUS connectivity and can't program the servo to my liking. I like to program the center and endpoints so I don't have to change the sub trim.....SR speed isn't really an issue for what I'm doing but it's nice if I ever want to go that route. Futaba servos are a premium price and it's a luxury to have them but the feature set is worth it to me.

Lastly, futaba has telemetry that’s compatible with castle esc’s so I get real time/max info on
Rpm
Battery voltage
Bec voltage
Ripple
Battery current
Motor temp(futaba sensor)

Last edited:
Well there's actually quite a few.
Gyros can connect to the servos via SBUS so only 2 wires are needed instead of 3 and gyro sensitivity can be adjusted from the transmitter via SBUS
Gyro can be used in SR mode when using an SR mode servo (futaba)
Servo parameters can be programmed via the transmitter 7Px and 10px ( not sure about 4Px and lower); this includes centering, endpoint adjustments as well as other servo characteristics such as damper factor, dead band, travel adjustment, speed, boost, soft start, etc.
Servo can be used in SR mode when using a SR compatible transmitter (futaba)

so all this works best in a futaba ecosystem. Without a futaba servo, I lose SBUS connectivity and can't program the servo to my liking. I like to program the center and endpoints so I don't have to change the sub trim.....SR speed isn't really an issue for what I'm doing but it's nice if I ever want to go that route. Futaba servos are a premium price and it's a luxury to have them but the feature set is worth it to me.

Lastly, futaba has telemetry that’s compatible with castle esc’s so I get real time/max info on
Rpm
Battery voltage
Bec voltage
Ripple
Battery current
Motor temp(futaba sensor)
Thats pretty cool. I knew about the Castle telemetry using SBUS but I didnt realize you could also control the servos and gyro. Almost makes me want to sell my Sanwa and switch back to Futaba. Im assuming the servos arent any more expensive that Hitec programmable servos and it would be nice to be able to adjust on the fly. Im not a racer so probably wont switch right away but it gives me something to think about next time Im in the market for a new radio. Thanks for the info :)

kinda surprised that this hasn't sold yet so I'm going to drop the price to $105 shipped.
Me too...I have 3 in my 6S rigs. This price is great.... I want it but do I need a spare or a future rig...?

Me too...I have 3 in my 6S rigs. This price is great.... I want it but do I need a spare or a future rig...?
I find that most of my RC purchases are "want based" and not "need based", LOL

If he gets back to you first you better jump on it. Best servo I’ve used. Hands down. Plus John (ProModeler) will fix them if something happens
Waiting on a PM reply. 👍🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back