Outcast Full list of parts with numbers to convert Kraton 4s to Outcast 4s. And build log.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Update: Might as well update this as I go with a build log.

After selling my Outcast 4s I pretty much wish I didnt but oh well. So I ended up ordering the Kraton 4s. My plan is to have all the parts for both to switch back and forth. Anyway I gathered all the part numbers and put together a list to help anyone else wanting to do this. I got all the parts except 1 from Jennys and the total for all was about $70ish. Not bad to completely turn the Kraton into the Outcast. This does not count the tires because I decided to keep the Kraton ones, but the tires and wheels are listed below as well.

COMPOSITE CHASSIS - SWB (1PC) #AR320398 (ARAC3721)

COMPOSITE CENTRE SLIDER DRIVESHAFT SET #AR310884 (ARAC3955)

CENTER BRACE BAR 200MM #ARA320533 (ARA320533)

MT SIDE GUARD SET #AR320414 (ARAC7302)

BUMPER SET Front and Rear #AR320457 (ARAC3499)

REAR WING #AR480013 (ARAC9617)

OUTCAST 4X4 4S PAINTED DECALED TRIMMED BODY (BRONZE) #AR402211 (ARA402211)

TRUCK ROLL HOOP SET #AR480015 (ARAC8813)

DBOOTS 'BACK-FLIP LP 4S' TIRE SET GLUED (BLACK) (2PCS) #AR550050 (ARAC9468) X2

Now I got lucky and got the body with the truck roll hoop set together as well as the front and rear bumpers with the wing together from Jennys RC which made it a lot easier.

Heres a pic with the diffs done and all the parts in a mess ready to install.
Diffs done, all parts ready for Outcast Install.jpg

Last edited:
Today I received almost all the parts I needed to complete the conversion except for the front RPM arms, the side guards, the HR shock bodies, and the shock rebuild kits. I am also waiting on some orange thread lock before I can continue. I was able to get most of the rear end done and figured out all the body mounts. Pretty simple you basically just flip the mounts over. I also ordered the steering bearings. I need. I thought I had the right ones, but they didnt fit. Guess I should have researched that a bit better. So far so good. Its all coming together nicely. Anyway heres a couple pics.

20191228_185010.jpg

Just an edit to see if anyone else sees whats wrong with the below picture? This is what happens when youve been working on RC's and are tired, but just want to keep going. I didnt realize it until the next day.

20191228_220431.jpg
:confused:

Last edited:
Just another update. I finally got the orange threadlocker Ive been wanting to use to continue. I got the driveshafts all tightened down and good to go. As talked about in another thread I had no problem getting my Dynamite 2mm driver to fit into the driveshafts to get them tightened down. I forgot to mention that I had also installed my Hexfly 25kg servo so thats all good. And I fixed the issue I had above. See my 2nd post pic, 2nd pic to see what I am talking about. All I am waiting for is the rear RPM arms, the side guards, Hot Racing shock bodies and both rebuild kits, and some bearings I ordered for the bellcrank. I also have T-Bone front and rear bumpers and chassis skid on the way.

So its been pretty straight forward and I have learned a lot doing this conversion about the overall build and what goes where on the 4s lineup. I really appreciate what Arrma has done to make working on these so easy. At this point I could probably tear my Notorious and my Outcast 4s down to individual parts and get it all back together without the exploded views or manuals. Might have to look up what screws go where for a few things. But the Kraton 4s to Outcast 4s conversion is coming along nicely.

4.jpg
Hexfly.jpg

Last edited:
Well you gotta love when all the parts youve been waiting for all come on one day. 11 separate packages came today with all the parts needed to complete the conversion. The Hot Racing shock bodies also came. So I built the shocks, got the rear RPM arms installed, side guards, and the bearings for the bell crank. A few other nuts and bolts, and the conversion is finished.

I love the way everything came out. I wasnt sure if I was going to end up wishing I had the Backflip LP's to truly convert it but I like the look of the Kraton wheels and tires. I might end up getting the backflips eventually but for now its all good. The only other thing I am waiting for is T-Bone racing front and rear bumpers as well as a chassis skid.

Now my Notorious truly has a smaller brother (again). Cant wait to get out there and bash em both up.

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

Last edited:
Just adding another pic with Kraton wheels on Backflip LP's. Took these from my Notorious. Might just keep them on the Outcast 4s and get my Notorious some stock ones. I think it looked better with the larger diameter tires vs the LP's.
Pics with Backflip LP's.jpg

Well during my first maiden runs to test out my Outcast 4s conversion the Outcast and my mailboxes steel pole became intimately acquainted. The result is below. I was able to "fix" it while I wait for new parts using super glue and a soldering iron. More like "rig" it. I glued the piece back on, then "plastic welded" it with a soldering iron. Then made some homemade tabs to hold the spring it place. Looks ridiculous but I think it will hold until my new parts come. As hard as I hit that pole Im surprised this is all that happened. Arrma tough.

20200101_215447.jpg
20200101_220458.jpg
20200101_223713.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back