Vendetta Fun size Infraction (Mega 3s-4s conversion) 🙃

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I am posting this here because there’s not a baby infraction category And I don’t wanna post it under the 6s infraction. That just seems wrong.

I got one of those mega Infractions at Tower Hobby’s recent scratch and dent sale. I received it today and it was not what I expected. I expected it to come in a generic box. I expected it to possibly have been used and I definitely expected it to be scratched and/or dented…but no. It’s perfect. It came in the factory box with the factory seals and even the sticky plastic is on it. The only thing off is it has one of those European plug chargers. Which I find cool because I’ve never seen a European plug.

Its perfect, brand new and I am ecstatic. $216 including tax and shipping.
Now I need to decide if I want to run it with the mega electrics a bit before upgrading or pull and sell them. I have no idea what they’re worth though. My first road type RC 🤩

846CEAA9-D1FC-42E8-823C-134D4C6EA4B5.jpeg

F4DA04F3-9687-4317-BEA6-FE8A03E07C7C.jpeg

9E344ADC-884A-4A8F-B540-9854548BBD9F.jpeg

F5FD9775-17CA-4C13-861C-B3E7A2490BE1.jpeg

231F7EDA-AD34-4618-B05A-79AA1F1FD014.jpeg

Um… if I wanted an airplane I would’ve got one 😂 that’s a great idea though and I’m sure others have done it or similar.

I have a new stock 3s ESC and motor from previous warranty claims that I’ll end up throwing in. Down the line I’ll get a better motor but for now that’ll work.

I am posting this here because there’s not a baby infraction category And I don’t wanna post it under the 6s infraction. That just seems wrong.

I got one of those mega Infractions at Tower Hobby’s recent scratch and dent sale. I received it today and it was not what I expected. I expected it to come in a generic box. I expected it to possibly have been used and I definitely expected it to be scratched and/or dented…but no. It’s perfect. It came in the factory box with the factory seals and even the sticky plastic is on it. The only thing off is it has one of those European plug chargers. Which I find cool because I’ve never seen a European plug.

Its perfect, brand new and I am ecstatic. $216 including tax and shipping.
Now I need to decide if I want to run it with the mega electrics a bit before upgrading or pull and sell them. I have no idea what they’re worth though. My first road type RC 🤩

View attachment 218826

View attachment 218827

View attachment 218828

View attachment 218829

View attachment 218830
Brushless, buddy, brushless!!!!! I'm sure you have a BLX setup or two laying around. Throw it in there and let her rip.

Brushless, buddy, brushless!!!!! I'm sure you have a BLX setup or two laying around. Throw it in there and let her rip.
Of course I do! Brand new ESC and motor still in the box and a couple used sets of each. Yeah, I need to curb my impatience and do this right. Thanks man!

Best time of the day to open a badazz new arrma💨😤😳🤤🤪🤣😂
Well it just started raining and looks to be all weekend, so it is a good time. Rain is great though because we sorely need it. In San Antonio we get all of our water from the vast aquifer system underground. If there’s no rain there’s no water replenishing the aquifer and things get nerve-racking.

Awesome!! Your prev post about ordering that made me order one too! Arriving tomorrow! I hope mine is the same "Scratch and dent" like yours!!! 🤞 Enjoy and yea, I'll eventually go brushless!

Awesome!! Your prev post about ordering that made me order one too! Arriving tomorrow! I hope mine is the same "Scratch and dent" like yours!!! 🤞 Enjoy and yea, I'll eventually go brushless!
Very sweet! And yeah I hope you have the same luck. Which color did you get?
I’m going to go ahead and go brushless right off the bat and maybe sell the stock electrics. Hopefully I can work on it tomorrow… I know that the diffs on this thing are filled with grease, which sucks. Need to top off the shocks as well and locktite wheel axles to the driveshaft. All that normal 3S ready to run crap.

Got the same as yours, love that blue. Yea.....I'm a little behind though... lol. Just got the Noto6s done and had 1st run yesterday. I also have a new Senton 3s that I just started the OTB upgrades/checks so it can get its 1st run. Then the Infract will get her love! ;)

Still gotta extend my dirt track and get more dirt delivered! O so much to do!!! :) Need these Spring showers to bug off!!! Lol

UGGGGGHHHHH!!! Got this email and NO package to be found!!! My scratch and dent Infraction might be on my 70yr old neighbors porch!!! Lol Gotta go check! Grrrrrr......:mad::eek::cry:
Screenshot_20220521-113401_Chrome.jpg

Happy So Excited GIF

GOT IT! The wifey had the neighbor's # so now she's aware of the purchase-lol. She's cool with it though. Can't wait to dig into this thing!! Sadly it's in line behind my undriven Senton-lol

And just like @Velodromed , it was brand new! The plastic ties holding it in the box were cut off (only thing), but I can just imagine a hubby sitting in their dimly lit garage snipping those with a big grin and the wife busts in and says "O he'll no, that's going back!" :ROFLMAO:

Looks like it's just because of the European charger. $200 scratch and dent? Can't beat that! Thanks for the heads up V! 👊

20220521_115354.jpg
20220521_115556.jpg
20220521_115914.jpg
20220521_120059.jpg

MEETING THE FAM!!! 🥰
20220521_121905.jpg

Happy So Excited GIF

GOT IT! The wifey had the neighbor's # so now she's aware of the purchase-lol. She's cool with it though. Can't wait to dig into this thing!! Sadly it's in line behind my undriven Senton-lol

And just like @Velodromed , it was brand new! The plastic ties holding it in the box were cut off (only thing), but I can just imagine a hubby sitting in their dimly lit garage snipping those with a big grin and the wife busts in and says "O he'll no, that's going back!" :ROFLMAO:

Looks like it's just because of the European charger. $200 scratch and dent? Can't beat that! Thanks for the heads up V! 👊

View attachment 218911View attachment 218912View attachment 218913View attachment 218915

MEETING THE FAM!!! 🥰
View attachment 218916
Nice! My only had one of the zip ties cut. So it never even was pulled out. These were a really good deal! I am on lucky side, my wife loves the hobby and knows it keeps me from losing my mind. Even has her own big rock and joins me when she’s feeling good (she’s recovering from cancer).

Enjoy man!
I was referring to you post at 4:19pm...I know what gos on at 4:20.....😆😅🤣😂 mm2-tp3640 an a 38t spur an you gotta fun Lil rocket
But… Isn’t it always 4:20? Yup. Yup i do believe it is 🤪

Nice! My only had one of the zip ties cut. So it never even was pulled out. These were a really good deal! I am on lucky side, my wife loves the hobby and knows it keeps me from losing my mind. Even has her own big rock and joins me when she’s feeling good (she’s recovering from cancer).

Enjoy man!

But… Isn’t it always 4:20? Yup. Yup i do believe it is 🤪
Yes, great deal!

Glad she's in recovery! Stay strong!!! 💪

My wife will run on our track with me sometimes, but I only let her use the Bezgars cuz she just full throttles the entire time.....even when the rig is stuck against something. Lol Crazy woman! She ain't touching my nice rigs! Lol But 25 years later I still love her and she ain't left me yet! :LOL:

And yes, as the saying goes.....it's 4:20 somewhere....always...... 👍🤪✌️

Yes, great deal!

Glad she's in recovery! Stay strong!!! 💪

My wife will run on our track with me sometimes, but I only let her use the Bezgars cuz she just full throttles the entire time.....even when the rig is stuck against something. Lol Crazy woman! She ain't touching my nice rigs! Lol But 25 years later I still love her and she ain't left me yet! :LOL:

And yes, as the saying goes.....it's 4:20 somewhere....always...... 👍🤪✌️
I think you’ve posted about her particular set of driving skills before and it cracked me up. My wife sits on 50% power and doesn’t even use all of it. Except for last week when we stopped by the skate park. Before I knew it she was over there trying to ‘launch’ it. It was fun watching her big rock just kinda drop off the end of the incline and plop on the grass.
It works for me. One less car to fix 🙃

Done! Okay Spent a few hours pulling it apart, taking care of all the miscellaneous things and switching out electronics. I had a lot of trouble with the rear differential for some reason. After cleaning all the grease out it took me almost an hour to get the stupid thing back together. Constantly fought me, I could not get the pins to line up. Drove me nuts. The front one was easy like they usually are.

I decided to open the new ESC that I got from my Vorteks warranty. Looks like I’ll finely find out if it cuts out at 3.9-4.0/cell like the original one did. I thought I had a new stock 3S motor but I discovered I’d used it already. For what I have no clue. So I changed out the bearings to Jim’s motor bearings on another one I had and threw it in with an 18t pinion.

I can’t wait to test run it tomorrow!

2F665173-BC63-4834-BAD3-0C706B985D38.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back