Felony Functional parachute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb32935

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Just need to paint it but here is the preview. Any interest in this sort of thing? Be happy to tell about the setup and where to source it all. Don’t laugh at my safety pin. 😂

410C600F-C12F-49A6-B12C-58FA4EA54C16.jpeg

A7526CEF-2F86-4B21-B865-BBADB4C9AD9C.jpeg

250A8B0B-150A-4693-96E8-4A7E7C6A4711.jpeg

Just need to paint it but here is the preview. Any interest in this sort of thing? Be happy to tell about the setup and where to source it all.
I'm interested, we were talking about parachutes for speed runs.

Does it work well/have you tried it? - Video please.

What the heck is that, a Mutant Mega?
Haven't heard that before that's funny..
Haven't heard that before that's funny..
Mega??
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/big-rock-v3-3s-blx-body-and-chassis-extended-build-project.56253/
I would explain but since I do have a build thread on it I'll let you guys check out my creation for your selfs👍 still under construction

Just need to paint it but here is the preview. Any interest in this sort of thing? Be happy to tell about the setup and where to source it all. Don’t laugh at my safety pin. 😂

View attachment 264950

View attachment 264951

View attachment 264952
I hope the execution matches how this looks, because if it does, you may have just started a trend. My only concern now is, if it does work, will the car remain stable from the drag or will it want to wiggle and throw your car into a ditch (or wall/curb/obstruction/etc.)?

I suppose I'm one of them examples that you'll never know what you find on here with so many different crazy idea builds.thats what this hobby is all about . bringing your creativity to reality.dreams do come alive🤣🤟

I hope the execution matches how this looks, because if it does, you may have just started a trend. My only concern now is, if it does work, will the car remain stable from the drag or will it want to wiggle and throw your car into a ditch (or wall/curb/obstruction/etc.)?
So it’s about test number 11 for me and my first successful test was today on Christmas. I’m keeping the speed about 80mph and moving it up from there. The chute itself will slow the car down, but I started the project mainly as a recovery when doing speed runs. It works exactly like the real thing in drag racing, and I won’t lie for the first half second it’s sketchy, but because you have to choose one, brakes or chute. And if you choose chute you have to wait for it to fully deploy and trust it will save it. So far it has done very well, and when fully deployed it saves it every time so far.

So it’s about test number 11 for me and my first successful test was today on Christmas. I’m keeping the speed about 80mph and moving it up from there. The chute itself will slow the car down,

Awesome!
Got to get some videos up showing the chutes in action!!

but I started the project mainly as a recovery when doing speed runs. It works exactly like the real thing in drag racing, and I won’t lie for the first half second it’s sketchy, but because you have to choose one, brakes or chute. And if you choose chute you have to wait for it to fully deploy and trust it will save it. So far it has done very well, and when fully deployed it saves it every time so far.

Question-
Why would you choose just one?

Shouldn't it be Both like on a real 1:1 dragster?

I'm interested, we were talking about parachutes for speed runs.

Does it work well/have you tried it? - Video please.
Video coming in a few mins

DD99900A-6760-4D51-A62F-70B38D0C3AB1.jpeg

780E4793-936F-4FD5-A2B5-7A2A28A6A868.jpeg

CF25FAF2-A3E2-41DB-9150-D6C9ADAB8F54.jpeg

Awesome!
Got to get some videos up showing the chutes in action!!

Question-
Why would you choose just one?

Shouldn't it be Both like on a real 1:1 dragster?
Well right now I’m working out the kinks. Just tried a little faster and the single 18” chute ripped right off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
You'll need to attach it to one of these
View attachment 265032

to take the sudden jerk/yank from the opening of the chute..
I might try it but the first test today I went faster and it worked, I should have looked it over, but I didn’t. To be fair I didn’t think about the force on it at the threads. Gonna try overkill on the threads. If that don’t work then a spring.

I might try it but the first test today I went faster and it worked, I should have looked it over, but I didn’t. To be fair I didn’t think about the force on it at the threads. Gonna try overkill on the threads. If that don’t work then a spring.
Hope it works out for ya.we want a vid lol let's go👍😬

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back