Funny RC Driver Online Story ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
So as I mentioned in my Mojave video, I ran into Greg from RC Driver Online at Bethel BMX. First off, he is a super solid dude ? He's forgotten more about RC that I know! He's been in the hobby for so long, mainly as a racer. He pretty much knows everyone that's anyone in the industry. It was very cool to talk to him ?

Anyway, we got to talking about the Kraton 8S and I asked him about his review. He told me that he had one of TWO Kraton 8S's in the country at that time. One was out in California and the other was in the Chicago office (I believe that's what he said). They sent him the one from the Chicago office. He tells me that it was real "cloak and dagger" stuff. He said the NDA was like 9 pages long. They didn't want ANYONE seeing this truck ?

So he gets his and he sets out to Bethel BMX to film for his review. He gets there and there is my black Ford F-150 sitting in the parking area ? He only had a limited amount of time with the truck and he's a busy guy. Long story short, he had to sit in his car until I left so he could run the K8S ? I thought that was hysterical, especially how invested into Arrma I am. He was cursing me they day!

Another thing I asked him is if it was awkward giving a product a bad review since he gets them all for free. He told me he doesn't give bad reviews because he simply won't review the truck. He said he can tell just by looking at it if it's going to work or not. He said the number of RC's he sends back untested is staggering. There is a lot of crap out there boys and girls ?

Anyway, that is my brush with an RC celebrity. He may not be as well known by us as Rich or Eric but his channel has over 92,000 subscribers. That's not Talbot numbers but it's a lot in my book ???

I think it would be funny as well as he is waiting for you to leave, he watches you put away your K8S!! ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
He had his looooong before I did ?

I like his YT channel-good guy. the other- no my cup of tea.
giphy (12).gif

I like his reviews and videos, straight forward no BS, professional. One of his run videos I was thinking that place looks familiar, where is that. Took me a few vids to figure it out lol. The blacktop berm with the name on it. Only a fly would know the swearing he did waiting for you to exit.

So as I mentioned in my Mojave video, I ran into Greg from RC Driver Online at Bethel BMX. First off, he is a super solid dude ? He's forgotten more about RC that I know! He's been in the hobby for so long, mainly as a racer. He pretty much knows everyone that's anyone in the industry. It was very cool to talk to him ?

Anyway, we got to talking about the Kraton 8S and I asked him about his review. He told me that he had one of TWO Kraton 8S's in the country at that time. One was out in California and the other was in the Chicago office (I believe that's what he said). They sent him the one from the Chicago office. He tells me that it was real "cloak and dagger" stuff. He said the NDA was like 9 pages long. They didn't want ANYONE seeing this truck ?

So he gets his and he sets out to Bethel BMX to film for his review. He gets there and there is my black Ford F-150 sitting in the parking area ? He only had a limited amount of time with the truck and he's a busy guy. Long story short, he had to sit in his car until I left so he could run the K8S ? I thought that was hysterical, especially how invested into Arrma I am. He was cursing me they day!

Another thing I asked him is if it was awkward giving a product a bad review since he gets them all for free. He told me he doesn't give bad reviews because he simply won't review the truck. He said he can tell just by looking at it if it's going to work or not. He said the number of RC's he sends back untested is staggering. There is a lot of crap out there boys and girls ?

Anyway, that is my brush with an RC celebrity. He may not be as well known by us as Rich or Eric but his channel has over 92,000 subscribers. That's not Talbot numbers but it's a lot in my book ???
Cool story Ed. I follow him on Instagram and YouTube and his posts are always interesting and informative. Glad you guys finally got a chance to meet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back