Fury 15T motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCHunter72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
well I have to say after buying 2 Fury Mega from Tower Hobbies the motors are garbage.
Both Trucks have had the motor replaces 2 times and this is within the 1st year and Aprox 10 runs each on mixed surface with 8.4 volt NIMH batteries ... Very disappointed in the quality of the motors... I'm going to switch both cars to brushless motors ...

That's brushed motors in general. We had similar failure rates with our Traxxas brushed motors. They need to be cleaned religiously, and temps kept in check, but they still have a much shorter life than brushless motors.

That's brushed motors in general. We had similar failure rates with our Traxxas brushed motors. They need to be cleaned religiously, and temps kept in check, but they still have a much shorter life than brushless motors.
Agreed ... I always keep them clean .. It's the internals that fail they build up distance and cook the wires... Overall Arrma makes a strong truck for the money I could just imagine if I ran a 2s lipo on that motor

They are a blast! We were pretty happy with the brushed motor with 2s. I put a Castle SW3/4600kv in my kid's raider and it rips! I'm in the process of going through my Fury, installing a Turnigy 3900kv.

They are a blast! We were pretty happy with the brushed motor with 2s. I put a Castle SW3/4600kv in my kid's raider and it rips! I'm in the process of going through my Fury, installing a Turnigy 3900kv.
Well this time was not the motor it was the flywheel ... Can say I have seen this before but i normally run aluminum ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 47
well I have to say after buying 2 Fury Mega from Tower Hobbies the motors are garbage.
Both Trucks have had the motor replaces 2 times and this is within the 1st year and Aprox 10 runs each on mixed surface with 8.4 volt NiMH batteries ... Very disappointed in the quality of the motors... I'm going to switch both cars to brushless motors ...
If you go brushless and want castle, go for the castle sct combo which has a 3800kv motor

Running mine and esc I think is 60a but it keeps cool with the fan and also keep in mind if you want to get just an esc get a sidewinder 3 and buy the replacement castle fan (same as the sct combo esc) and for a motor for castle they need 4mm bullets

I broke-in my ARRMA 15T motors in removed from the truck with a single 1.5V AA battery. The one in the Fury I replaced with a Dynamite Tazer brushless, but the one in the Raider has over 10 packs on it and no problems yet...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back