[FURY] Are cheap china ebay tires any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I want to get some cheap tires (road tires) to pull wheelies and such I see one that looks good for the road, but don't know if they are grippy... any of you got the ebay special lol tires? Looking for 12mm

here are the ones I see (less than $10): http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-set-RC...491858?hash=item4d30a35352:g:0PwAAOSweW5VKpIc

any help for dirt cheap road tires for wheelies would be great! Oh yeah... don't even know if those fit... this is for the Fury

Last edited:
I would be careful with what on road tires you pick, my buddy had a pretty awful experience out today bashing with his new Duratrax street tires/wheels he picked up from Hobbytown.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40476213?...90627489&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=92823034089&veh=sem

They were so soft and ballooned so badly, it chewed the white-wall lettering off the tire in just a few high speed runs. It was spinning and swaying all over the place. Unbelievably unstable, borderline undriveable. His SCT was much faster and wheelied 10x better on his Proline Trenchers on the concrete.

In my experience, with the Senton, I would get some good long wear off road racing knobby tires. I went from the stock wheels and Dboots tires to a medium-long 1/8 buggy wheel/tire combo and it was night and day. Absolutely impossible to get it to spin. Instant backflip A dead stop.

I would be careful with what on road tires you pick, my buddy had a pretty awful experience out today bashing with his new Duratrax street tires/wheels he picked up from Hobbytown.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40476213?...90627489&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=92823034089&veh=sem

They were so soft and ballooned so badly, it chewed the white-wall lettering off the tire in just a few high speed runs. It was spinning and swaying all over the place. Unbelievably unstable, borderline undriveable. His SCT was much faster and wheelied 10x better on his Proline Trenchers on the concrete.

In my experience, with the Senton, I would get some good long wear off road racing knobby tires. I went from the stock wheels and Dboots tires to a medium-long 1/8 buggy wheel/tire combo and it was night and day. Absolutely impossible to get it to spin. Instant backflip A dead stop.
The fury dboots probably the same as the senton aren't good to me, full throttle and just wheel spin... and I have traxxas s1 compounds on and that is way more grippy than the dboots. I got wheelies from the s1 tires

The ones I linked are glued. Pretty decent glue job too - I have not had to re-glue any of them. Most premounts only last me a few batteries, then they start to pull loose.

I had a good experience, friend bought the same ones and his were out-of-true, wobbled like kra-zee.
It's hit or miss, I guess.
Mine came unglued, so glued them up.
One note, the "blue tint" is a reflection from my blue shirt, LOL!
Also, I have spun something fierce on asphalt and they still have plenty of rubber left.

cheap china ebay street tires.png

I had a good experience, friend bought the same ones and his were out-of-true, wobbled like kra-zee.
It's hit or miss, I guess.
Mine came unglued, so glued them up.
One note, the "blue tint" is a reflection from my blue shirt, LOL!
Also, I have spun something fierce on asphalt and they still have plenty of rubber left.

View attachment 1965
which tires have you purchased?

Mine were binding on the shoulder, up and around where the arrow on the right points.
The arrow on the left points to where the hex-hole is too deep, which is where I put a washer which provided enough clearance so the wheel no longer bound against the hub.

hex wheel.png

Mine were binding on the shoulder, up and around where the arrow on the right points.
The arrow on the left points to where the hex-hole is too deep, which is where I put a washer which provided enough clearance so the wheel no longer bound against the hub.

View attachment 1996
Cheap rims huh
Hopefully mine doesn't bind

If they bind,you'll find that it only happens on the front plastic hexes,as they are thinner than the rear alloy ones.
I bid on these... specs are the same just rims look different from the same seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-12mm-H...k-Tire-Wheel-For-TRAXXAS-SlASH-/371655966897?

if it does bind... (i think the traxxas tires and rims i got binded) but then it went fine, not mods needed, I am sure I can just unmount one of my older rims and put them on

Thank you dreadstar for your recommendation, looking forward to using these

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back