Fury BLX broken body mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnthompson1954

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Can anyone offer a possible alternative part. I have broken two front body mounts on my Fury BLX in the last week. There seems to be a weak spot on the two legs which break if the car lands on the body. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 64
Same problem for me with my granite bls and blx. As far as I know it is what it is. I don't think arrma makes anything aftermarket for that particular area of concern. I just keep extra ones in Stock at all times! As far as the rear body mounts, I fabricated a little metal brace for them which has made a tremendous difference. I was busting those more so than the front ones. Hope this helps

Same happened to me this week. I ordered a replacement part and will try to fill the holes, which i don't need with some glue. Perhaps this will help.

You are right. I had some thoughts about, using a small pipe to strenghten the whole thing, but the part, which holds the Mount is too thight to insert an aditional pipe

I have managed to solve the problem by strengthening the legs of the broken mount. Here's how.

Take the top piece of the broken mount and make sure the remaining legs are the same length by filing them. Don't cut them any shorter than necessary just smooth off at the broken point.

Discard the legs with all the holes in. Then get a thicker, strong piece of plastic shaft to replace the discarded legs. I actually used a plastic spoon but anything will do. Cut it into two pieces the total length of the original legs before they broke.

These are now the new stronger thicker legs. They need to be thinned at one end in order that they fit into the lower section of the mount. They should be the same diameter as the original legs. This can be done by using a wood chisel or alternatively a grinder or lathe. Test to make sure they fit.

Now drill a hole down one end to the diameter of the legs and to the depth of the remaining top piece that was earlier filed. Drop some glue in the drilled hole and push the top piece in making sure it's a secure fit.

Now work out where you need to drill one hole through the legs for the retaining screws to go.

The finished product is much stronger and doesn't have the weak spots by having all the extra unnecessary holes drilled.

Attachments

• IMG_1473.JPG
    IMG_1473.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 68
Nice Tip. Will look for some matching plastic tomorrow. Original Part was shipped yesterday and will not arrive before end of next week (U.S. to Germany)

Can anyone offer a possible alternative part. I have broken two front body mounts on my Fury BLX in the last week. There seems to be a weak spot on the two legs which break if the car lands on the body. Any advice would be appreciated.

Another great tip I read on here somewhere... For the front body mount, start with the highest setting (so use the lowest hole on the Mount). That way once you break it you can still use the higher holes and get 2-3 breaks out of each body mount!

finally my package from towerhobbies arrived today. installed the new front Body Mounts, and broke them again at the racing track :)
now i try to fix them with the method @johnthompson1954 described.

the tip from @mykey120 worked a least for one more lipo ;)

back Mount is broken too. there is a really bad jump on the track

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back