Fury BLX Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisgrove731

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Hello everybody. I am new to the electric trucks. I usually ran Nitro. So I got a fury mega for free. I went and bought the BLX 3600kV BRUSHLESS 540 3S 4 POLE MOTOR for it and the BLX85 60A ESC along with the ADS-7M servo. My question is what 3s lipo battery would u guys reccomend. Everyone keeps telling me to go Lipo. So I figured why now. I just am not sure what c rating I need to go with the battery. Thanks everyone.

Hello everybody. I am new to the electric trucks. I usually ran Nitro. So I got a fury mega for free. I went and bought the BLX 3600kV BRUSHLESS 540 3S 4 POLE MOTOR for it and the BLX85 60A ESC along with the ADS-7M servo. My question is what 3s lipo battery would u guys reccomend. Everyone keeps telling me to go Lipo. So I figured why now. I just am not sure what c rating I need to go with the battery. Thanks everyone.

Welcome @Chrisgrove731
Which scale nitro did you had? And 2wd or 4wd?

The Fury Mega came in 3 versions: 2011, 2013 and 2015 model.
Show us a picture which one you have?

the 2011 & 2013 are brushless ready.
Later model's have cheaper gears, which need to be upgraded!
There is a topic about how to upgrade the composite gears to the metal ones...if you have the latest model.

Than the 3800kV on 3S, 1/10 scale and rear wheel drive: completely stupidly overpowered!
I would start with 2S to get used to it.

I have the old 2013 Fury BLX, and also have a 3S battery. Basically undrivable off-road. With proper tires and stiff springs and a huge parking lot...never reached top speed. Backflips and lift off's prevented that ;)

Welcome @Chrisgrove731
Which scale nitro did you had? And 2wd or 4wd?

The Fury Mega came in 3 versions: 2011, 2013 and 2015 model.
Show us a picture which one you have?

the 2011 & 2013 are brushless ready.
Later model's have cheaper gears, which need to be upgraded!
There is a topic about how to upgrade the composite gears to the metal ones...if you have the latest model.

Than the 3800kV on 3S, 1/10 scale and rear wheel drive: completely stupidly overpowered!
I would start with 2S to get used to it.

I have the old 2013 Fury BLX, and also have a 3S battery. Basically undrivable off-road. With proper tires and stiff springs and a huge parking lot...never reached top speed. Backflips and lift off's prevented that ;)

I ran the Traxxas Revo 3.3 and the HPI Savage in Nitro. The fury I just got I'm not sure what year it is. However the motor and ESC I ordered I just received today. The motor is that black and white style. Not the red style if that helps. I know the motor I ordered is brushless. That's about all I know. Thanks

I ran the Traxxas Revo 3.3 and the HPI Savage in Nitro. The fury I just got I'm not sure what year it is. However the motor and ESC I ordered I just received today. The motor is that black and white style. Not the red style if that helps. I know the motor I ordered is brushless. That's about all I know. Thanks

Post a picture of your car!
And if you are talking about the original Arrma motor, you have the newer 3900kV version. Even more raw power!

I got the 2016 BLX with the 3900kv motor, and on 2s it has power enough.
Don't want to think of what happens when I plug a 3s in :D

But it indeed has all plastic gears, and metal diff internals, but as far as I understand a larger pitch than the older models, making them much more reliable.

I got the 2016 BLX with the 3900kv motor, and on 2s it has power enough.
Don't want to think of what happens when I plug a 3s in :D

But it indeed has all plastic gears, and metal diff internals, but as far as I understand a larger pitch than the older models, making them much more reliable.

Unfortunately stories appear on our forum about the latest Granite BLX stripping the gears...

Ah that's not good... :(
Don't read about the Granite that often, should to that then probably

But also, there is almost no grease whatsoever in the BLX gearbox, added my own today when changing the diff oil, that can also help keep them in 1 piece just a bit better

Ah that's not good... :(
Don't read about the Granite that often, should to that then probably

But also, there is almost no grease whatsoever in the BLX gearbox, added my own today when changing the diff oil, that can also help keep them in 1 piece just a bit better

I agree!
The grease will greatly reduce wear of the teeth.
But still I do not understand why Arrma is not supplying the BLX versions with the metal gears and diff anymore.

Both the 2011 & 2013 model types feature metal even in the Mega versions

I understand the newer models are cheaper, but it seems like they really lowered the quality of the models also.
Bad decision from Arrma imho.
Could better have had them kept the same or a somewhat lower price, and metal geared instead.

I understand the newer models are cheaper, but it seems like they really lowered the quality of the models also.
Bad decision from Arrma imho.
Could better have had them kept the same or a somewhat lower price, and metal geared instead.

I get the same feeling...:(
I do not understand because of their mission, which is making really sturdy bash-proof brushless ready cars!

Now they go in the direction of every other brand: making entry level vehicles, which need mandatory upgrades from stock :confused:

FB_IMG_1491142446779.jpg
I guess I could use an education on the fury blx. I won one in a raffle and want it for my work rc lunchtime fun. It's the RTR that come with nimh but want to jump to lipos pretty quickly. My battery preference is smc.
I guess the main thing I need to know is 2s or 3s I'm seeing that 3s will require suspension setup and definitely some gear replacement.
I would really like to get some lipos next week when it comes in.
I'll Up load of the actual fury I'm getting.
FB_IMG_1491142446779.jpg

Go with 2S. 3S is a little bit of an overkill.
Thanks I was emailing with smc about batteries and have a couple more questions. Is the fury is designed for 2s or 3s meaning designed to fit one battery. Right?
Does anybody think the 2s 9500mah 131 amps is to much? I have a couple of 7200s I could flip and get 2 9500mahs for my kraton

the battery compartment is of limited size, so not all batteries fit!
I use hard cases 2S 6000mAh and a soft pack 3S 5000 mAh. Indeed 3S is overkill.

Long chassis: 185x57x26mm (Mojave, Fury, Granite)

this is for the 2013 model l, which came with aluminium side plates and metal gears in the tranny.
I am not sure exactly, which one you got.
Could you make a picture of the chassis (body removed)?

I have yet to received it should have shipped today. They were waiting for a body for my kraton to be delivered. Ordered my son's and they sent a green instead of red. Pretty sure my 2s 7200 hard case will fit. I'll let you know as soon as I get it. Thanks for the info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back