Fury BLX Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I have had a similar experience to yours with my Granite BLX. I haven't broken as much as you have, but I have had to replace the transmission and It just seems like these 2WD BLX models don't have the sufficient strength to handle the power that the BLX system puts out.

Correct! They changed factory somewhere in 2014, and sincethen the used plastic is different. One of my three "2013" model Fury's is made of that plastic. You see and can feel the difference!

By the way, my original Fury's metal diff finally broke too! Not with racing, but by bashing in soft sand ;)

I used the maintenance kit, which does not fit that well. It is so tight it is almost a locked diff. Nice in dirt, on hard ground it limits the turning circle.

I'm guessing it was done to lower the price? The 1/10 scale BLX models used to be $350 before 2016.

Exactly! The lowered the price by saving on the goods!

Hopefully the long awaited 4wd blx version of the mega Senton (Fury) will be good...

Do your self a favor and get yourself a sc10 diff. No more diff issues
Sucks about the plastic. My old furys are pretty bullet proof

Uses stock dog bones, just drop in and space it out with a couple of washers as it is narrower than the stocker.
Should have put one in at the start instead of constantly having to try and fix the stock diff with many ruined days at the track. It is set and forget

Do your self a favor and get yourself a sc10 diff. No more diff issues
Sucks about the plastic. My old furys are pretty bullet proof

I was talking about the old Fury with metal diffs. I have 3 of them and all eventually had broken satelite gears in the diff.
The one which lasted the longest now has issues with the fitting of the maintenance kit. Al two other later metal diffs fit perfectly. The one which lasted the longest was very difficult to fit the new gears. There must be a tolerance difference.

Let's see how long it will last...

The SC10 diff fits the latest Fury? The one with the plastic diff? Would be a great enhancement!
But why oh why did Arrma make the same mistake again as they did in 2011?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back