Fury Camera Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazmat Fury

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I have an ION Air Pro3 camera that I mounted to my Mega Fury yesterday and I wanted to share it with everyone. I have not had a chance to run it yet after I installed the mount but hoping to tonight.

The mount itself is a piece of aluminum I had lying around the shop. I figured the height and width of the mount then bent the aluminum to shape.

Qnm88DS.jpg

pkKT5YF.jpg

Xghl7wB.jpg

You may be saying OMG! he drilled the chassis! Yes I did and I feel this will not affect it structurally.
Also the rivets do not go all the way through - see the next picture. Oh an disregard the zip ties - broken front body mount - the posts snapped.
n0Rh1Jr.jpg

See - no rivets poking into the battery compartment.
TLTVQC9.jpg

I did have the camera mounted on the body and it was ok - but video was extremely bouncy due to body flex on the roof, plus when I rolled over the camera took direct hits. This should give the camera some more protection.

I mounted my GoPro's also on my Fury's a few times.
Indeed mounting it on the body is a bad idea due to camera shake, which you cannot correct in post processing (for example Adobe Warp Stabilizer).

What I did was mounting the camera on a plate with tight, Velcro straps. That worked.

But I did not mount the body on it, I liked mine too much to make a hole in it ;)

I recorded above footage to check the working of my upgrade shocks. I do have forward facing footage as well, as side view.

However shot on dirt the vibration is often too much!

NICE!

I like that shot and watching the suspension working. I am getting some Atomix shocks for the front since my stock ones are leaking now.

NICE!

I like that shot and watching the suspension working. I am getting some Atomix shocks for the front since my stock ones are leaking now.

My goal was to make a before and after movie of the upgrade. I just did not want to put back the stocks after my first experience with the new ones ;)

The stock shocks are decent (if they are not leaking, which is a much bigger problem), but if you push gently on top of your truck, you feel resistance during the full travel of the shock. With these aluminium shocks that progressive feel is gone. Much more linear!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back