Fury has steering but no forward or reverse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurious40k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
Hey all, my son has had a Fury with a brushed motor/ESC since around thanksgiving. It's the newest version with the dark blue body. Its completely stock and has had no issues until today. He ran a pack through it in the grass (Which was dry and cut yesterday so not long). When he put the second pack on, he got about 15 seconds worth of run time and then he had only steering but no power to the motor. The motor was extremely hot so I had him leave it alone for a bit and try again but we had no luck. There is a solid red light on the ESC with forward throttle and a blinking light with brakes and reverse.

Any ideas? Did he kill the ESC or just the motor? It didn't smell fried (And I know because I cooked a few racing).

Thanks!

take a voltage reading at the connector from the esc to the motor with a fully charged battery and the trigger pulled. You should get 8V +/- a few tenths.

That will pretty much tell you its the motor.

take a voltage reading at the connector from the esc to the motor with a fully charged battery and the trigger pulled. You should get 8V +/- a few tenths.

That will pretty much tell you its the motor.

Thanks. Unfortunately I let all of the magic smoke out of my multimeter trying to fix a problematic motorcycle. I talked to ARRRMA support today and they're sending me a new ESC based on the symptoms I described. If that doesn't work I'll get a new motor on my own. I've been eyeing up the Traxxas Titans. They seem popular amongst the ARRMA mega crowd as a cheap drop-in upgrade.

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem as this with no forward or reverse, I have put a multimeter on the motor and its getting power so is it likely the motor is bugger?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back