Fury Mega gearing question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
I have a Fury mega that i have been trying to tame, so, today i tried to swap to a 15/57, but, the motor mount (using a Castle Sidewinder SCT), doesn't seem to have enough room for anything more than a 14T pinion (which seems to fit really tight), so, my question is, to run the 15T, do i need a different motor mount, or am i just really missing something? I went to the 57T spur, in the hopes that i could lose some of the massive low end torque, but, now im wondering if shouldnt have just kept the 87T stock spur, and went to a 19T pinion, since the 14/57 on it now didnt calm it down any at all. Either that, or for some odd reason, the 3800KV Castle motor is too much for my truck, although it seems to work well in other peoples trucks. I went across a watery field, and it was throwing 8FT rooster tails because it had so much power. My other idea is to swap to monster truck tires, and see if that makes any sort of difference, but, monster truck tires on a 2WD have always looked odd to me.

I have the same problem with my 4000kv motor.
I switched to these larger wheels a while ago which helped a bit, also running a 3s Lipo doesn't help, my 2s is much more controllable.
At the end of the day, I just think its down to feathering the throttle on takeoff, at least it is for me!

Attachments

• 20190218_184848.jpg
    20190218_184848.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 46
I have the same problem with my 4000kv motor.
I switched to these larger wheels a while ago which helped a bit, also running a 3s Lipo doesn't help, my 2s is much more controllable.
At the end of the day, I just think its down to feathering the throttle on takeoff, at least it is for me!
I never run 3S, and don't even own any 3S batteries. This is all on 2S. Before i swapped to the 14/57 it has now, it was so bad that if i went half throttle from a stop, it would just do donuts until i let go of it. I ruined a set of tires, in grass, in 2 days because it couldnt get traction. My next step is to completely pull the motor, and see if maybe dirt or something got in there, and wont let me orient the motor enough to run the 15T pinion i have. If that doesn't solve it, im gonna try a 16/54 or 17/54, and see if that makes any difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back