Fury Mega Water Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, this is when I first put in the Castle SCT system, still stock receiver and servo though.

The gear mesh or slipper clutch doesn't sound right... Maybe it's just the audio from the camera or something with the video editing but it sounds like the squeal from the slipper continues for longer than it should when you hit the throttle. Typically the "whine" disappears after a few feet once the slipper clutch "catches". Or perhaps the gear mesh is off or the pinion is loose as those could both make it sound different as well. All would be common issues after replacing the motor if something wasn't adjusted right.

Did it sound ok in person and felt ok driving it?

Hopefully it's just an audio/video thing. If not you should look into finding and fixing the problem so you don't end up toasting those nice new electronics you have.

Im not sure really, hahaha. This was a little while ago and I have been experimenting with different pinions, spurs and slipper adjustments since then. I originally thought, at that time, that I had the slipper too tight. I tightened it up all the way tight, then backed it off about 1/2 to 3/4 turn. What should I be looking for in slipper adjustment?

Im not sure really, hahaha. This was a little while ago and I have been experimenting with different pinions, spurs and slipper adjustments since then. I originally thought, at that time, that I had the slipper too tight. I tightened it up all the way tight, then backed it off about 1/2 to 3/4 turn. What should I be looking for in slipper adjustment?

For the BLX models Arrma recommends starting with tightening the slipper all the way down and then backing it off three full turns. I've set my BLS nearly the same way. If you adjust from there use very small increments of 1/4 of a turn or so until you get the balance you want.

Google will yield many different recommendations and methods for setting the slipper clutch. They all boil down to this... set it loose enough so that your drive train is protected but set it tight enough to get the most performance from your vehicle. Too loose and you can wear out your slipper pads prematurely, too tight and a quick start or sudden stop on the transmission can lead to stripped gears, failed bearings, etc.

When I said that in your video it sounds like your slipper is too loose and that it runs for longer than it should when you hit the throttle I'm referencing one method of setting the slipper clutch that says that it should slip for approx 2-3 feet when you slam the throttle wide open from a dead stop. If you need to tune your ears to the whine/squeal you can loosen up the slipper for a couple of tests... but don't leave it there or drive that way for long. Yours sounds like the whine almost never stops, like it's continuing to slip some continuously. How do your slipper pads look/feel?

I guess I'll do some messing around with it until I "learn" what to listen for. I hadn't noticed any lack in performance, but I really don't have anything to compare it too either. Thanks for the tip!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back