Fury motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaelnutt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock
  3. Fazon
  4. Fury
  5. Granite
  6. Mojave
  7. Nero
  8. Raider
  9. Senton 6s
  10. Talion
  11. Vorteks
anyone have any suggestions on a good durable brushed motor that isn't to terribly priced???

I've already gone through two of these motors

I've already gone through two of these motors

Do you use lipo's?
If so, go then for a brushed motor with strong neodymium magnets and on the back plate mounted replaceable brushes.

Something like this: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMUN9&P=ML

I have no personal experience with this particular motor, it is only an example I could quickly find (among other there is no info about type of magnets, and it is unexpectedly cheap)

If you search better than me you will find some good brushed motors like this.

But very good brushed motors and "mild" or "medium" performance brushless combo's (2700-3000kV, 40-45A Esc's) come close pricewise. So I would consider to upgrade to something like that.

It will give you longer runtimes, but most noticeably a lot more performance (and brakes!) the best brushed motor out there will never give!

Last edited:
I'm using a 5000 mah 8.4v nimh battery I'm gonna try a new motor and esc and see how long that last I

I'm using a 5000 mah 8.4v nimh battery I'm gonna try a new motor and esc and see how long that last I

Will you buy a brushless set?
I am a bit amazed the 8,4V did destroy two of those motors ;)
That said, the Traxxas motor is better than the poor Arrma 15t, but still it is a fairly cheap can with no maintenance or brush replacement option.

I think I may actually go with a brushless system in the future I have one more of those motors and if that one goes out I'm gonna upgrade

I think I may actually go with a brushless system in the future I have one more of those motors and if that one goes out I'm gonna upgrade

RC cars is a bit of a weird hobby concerning the money you have to spent on it.
If you try to save some cash in the beginning, you end up with a larger sum of money at the end compared if you did go straight for the top model (BLX).;)

Than again, replacing parts and continues upgrading is part of the hobby, which makes it even more fun!

Spank this new motor until it blows its last breath too.
After that, I would not invest any dollar anymore in brushed technology ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back