Fury Fury runs very slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isky8u

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I have a Fury and when the battery is fully charged and I turn on everything the truck takes off like normal. But when I let off the throttle the truck seems to go into limp mode. It just goes about 5 mph. If I turn off the truck and turn it back on, I hear the fan run and get the tone again and the same thing happens. Goes like a bat out of hell and as soon as you let off the throttle it’s back to barely moving again. I changed batteries and the same thing. Hope someone can help guide me as to what to check next. Thank you!

Hi there, I have a Fury and when the battery is fully charged and I turn on everything the truck takes off like normal. But when I let off the throttle the truck seems to go into limp mode. It just goes about 5 mph. If I turn off the truck and turn it back on, I hear the fan run and get the tone again and the same thing happens. Goes like a bat out of hell and as soon as you let off the throttle it’s back to barely moving again. I changed batteries and the same thing. Hope someone can help guide me as to what to check next. Thank you!
What battery?

5dzfjl.jpg

What motor? What esc? What radio? I also moved this to the correct section since the Fury is neither a voltage model nor a Granite.

Thank you. It wouldn’t let me label it Fury. Probably my lack of knowledge on how the site works. I do appreciate it though. As for the truck, it is all the stock stuff. It’s a few years old but has very little run time on it. It spends 90% of it life on the shelf with all my older cars. Just got it down and this is what it has done. I thought possibly the battery was bad, so I changed it out and the same thing. So I changed it to a third pack and still the same thing. The first pull of the throttle is normal speed and then you slowdown and immediately it goes maybe 5 mph. It I go full throttle it will lose all power. If I go half throttle it will creep back. This is the battery pack last used. It works great in my traxxas so I know the battery is good.

F2B7ED66-FC43-44AE-9A1F-4414CE549D9A.jpeg

Thank you. It wouldn’t let me label it Fury. Probably my lack of knowledge on how the site works. I do appreciate it though. As for the truck, it is all the stock stuff. It’s a few years old but has very little run time on it. It spends 90% of it life on the shelf with all my older cars. Just got it down and this is what it has done. I thought possibly the battery was bad, so I changed it out and the same thing. So I changed it to a third pack and still the same thing. The first pull of the throttle is normal speed and then you slowdown and immediately it goes maybe 5 mph. It I go full throttle it will lose all power. If I go half throttle it will creep back. This is the battery pack last used. It works great in my traxxas so I know the battery is good.

View attachment 153350
The Fury option for some reason was missing.

If you are using NIMH batteries make sure the esc is in NIHM mode, from what you are describing it sounds like you are in lipo mode and you are triggering LVC.

The Fury option for some reason was missing.

If you are using NIMH batteries make sure the esc is in NIHM mode, from what you are describing it sounds like you are in lipo mode and you are triggering LVC.
Ok , I will check that and get back to you. Thank you!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back